Ford in Wonderland

WOW

is that old man in his own world or what? :doh:

Ford is going in the right direction for the first time in a while.

they have it right now; more models, less time, better style/performance

i think they may actually be able to revive the true prestige once held by Jag.

I am so confident in ford's future that i have bought 6k of stock in ford

i own a fusion and F-150 and am lovin every minute of it!

:happy feet: :bandance:

It seems the worst possible advice to sell off Volvo. Jag is a presigious nameplate, but Volvo has an excellent reputation and could certainly be taken upstream in the same manner that VW took Audi upstream. Besides, the core Ford brand relies heavily on its Volvo partnership, and it would suffer greatly if these ties were severed. I believe Ford can do without both Jag and LR; save the needed cash and brainpower. Volvo should only sell premium cars and SUV's globally. Lincoln should then be taken global and play in the lower end of the premium market below Volvo, just as GM is doing with Caddy in Europe. Just my opinion obviously, but were all back seat drivers here! (pun intended).

Edited by Chris D.

Lincoln should then be taken global and play in the lower end of the premium market below Volvo

Have you seen the Volvo C30, S40, and V50? They're built on the C1 (global Focus) platform. There's no 'luxury' below that.

Also, most of the global growth in luxury is in the 'near lux' maket, not upstream, Ford should not push Volvo up into A8/S-class/XJ territory, as there's less growth there.

Odd that long-term viability for Jaguar hinges on retreating to a section of the market that is not rapidly growing (but is fairly drought and famine resistant).