Ruby Red or Sterling Grey?

trvlrschick

I have been stuck on ordering a RubyRed forever, but after seeing a Sunset and a Ruby side by side in the lot, I am really leaning towards the Sunset. Grey would probably not show the light dirt and dust as much though.

Edited by Toz
  • Like 1

My 2010 was a Sterling Gray, and my 2013 is now a Ruby Red -- both are nice colors, I do like the Ruby Red better but find that the tiny rock chips that occur on the front area are more noticeable (I have the touch-up paint and it blends in well but not perfectly) than on the gray (since the primer blends with the gray better). So if you do a lot of highway/commuter driving where chances of rock chips are greater, the Sterling Gray may be the better option, however if you are less likely to deal with those then I would go with the Ruby Red.

• Like 1

Tuxedo Black is our favorite, since that's what we have. While my wife likes the black because she thinks it makes the FFH look more sporty & expensive, I like the Sterling Gray because I think it makes the car look elegant.

The Ruby Red is a great color that we considered, but it just looks flashy. I like the elegance of the Sterling Gray.

The Fusion looks great in any color so I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever color you end up with.

• 2 months later...

Living in one of the hottest areas of the country in Arizona, I am only looking at the lighter colors. I demonstrated to the Ford salesman here how much cooler the lighter colors are to the touch on the Fusions here in the Arizona sun, even in late December. The darker colors would actually start burning your hand after 2-5 seconds (in December; ~70° F high temp), and the medium colors weren't that much cooler.

That being said, I really need a lighter color in the 115° summer days here in Arizona.

Many people seem to like the whites, in particular the pearlescent whites like the White Platinum on the Fusion. But in my experience the whites, and blacks too, show dirt way too easily. And I'm not one to wash my car nearly as often as I should, actually usually only when I get an oil change which doesn't happen very often at all with the limited mileage I put on my cars (~5000 miles each year).

I would really prefer a elegant light goldish color or particularly a rich baby blue color on the Fusion Hybrid SE. In many of the online photos of the Ice Storm on the Ford website, it actually looks like the most awesome baby blue color I could possibly envision, but in person and in some of the brochure photos and online photos, the Ice Storm actually looks like a baby teal color, with way too much green in it for my tastes. I am personally not a fan of any shade of teal actually.

So, drum roll please...I am forced to order the next best lighter color in my opinion, the Ingot Silver color.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

P.S. Another reason I like the lighter colors on the Fusion is because it makes the grill and other black-out features, and the red tail lights stick out that much more. And that Fusion grill on a lighter color has the coolest, meanest look, like a cartoonish smirking evil demon character! :stirpot: Just check out the Christmas Fusion TV ad with the young girl sitting on Santa's lap, and at the end of the commercial, there is the red Fusion and you can easily see the smirking face expression I'm trying to describe.

That Fusion is one mean looking car! :happy feet:

Edited by Hybrider

• 2 weeks later...