2013 Profit Sharing

qwertyuiop

I had a feeling we were going to get screwed somewhere in PS for this year...

FNA (thru Q3 2013) profit: $7.079 Billion

Special Items: $1.257 Billion

Net EBIT: $5.822 Billion

Thanks to those special items (of which most [~700M] are related to Europe, but we get charged for), we're so far losing $1,257 off of an average check of $7,079. Too bad the reps who thought of this "ingenious" profit sharing program didn't think to exclude the special items of the one money-losing market Ford is still doing business in.

Don't think Europe's woes apply to us? Think again. Page 86 of Volume III (SUB/Profit Share agreement) specifically states they exclude special items from FNA EBIT, regardless of market.

We still have one quarter to go, but don't look for this year's check to be bigger than last year's - it'll be about the same, if not a little less. Still (depending on 4Q results), expect the per-hour profit share to be about $3.4245/hour. On 2080 hours, this equals about $7,122.96.

If you want a quick way to figure your hours (instead of going thru all of your paystubs), go to Labor. They have this information at the ready for everyone and it won't take but 2 minutes for them to pull it up.

Edited by qwertyuiop

"Special Items" are not figured into your profit sharing. Read the F$&@ing contract before you post your BS!

Did you read this part of my post?

Thanks to those special items (of which most [~700M] are related to Europe, but we get charged for), we're so far losing $1,257 off of an average check of $7,079. Too bad the reps who thought of this "ingenious" profit sharing program didn't think to exclude the special items of the one money-losing market Ford is still doing business in.

I am one of the few who actually DOES read the contract. I said we were LOSING money from profit sharing thanks to these special items, not GAINING it.

Don't think Europe's woes apply to us? Think again. Page 86 of Volume III (SUB/Profit Share agreement) specifically states they exclude special items from FNA EBIT, regardless of market.

We still have one quarter to go, but don't look for this year's check to be bigger than last year's - it'll be about the same, if not a little less. Still (depending on 4Q results), expect the per-hour profit share to be about $3.4245/hour. On 2080 hours, this equals about $7,122.96.

If you want a quick way to figure your hours (instead of going thru all of your paystubs), go to Labor. They have this information at the ready for everyone and it won't take but 2 minutes for them to pull it up.

Calm down. How do you figure it's all that bad? We are $608M ahead of 2012 through the first 9 months. Tthis year has averaged about +200M per quarter over 2012...if we do that in 4Q, NAAO will make 9.1B+ and that would be avg $9100 vs. $8343 for 2012.

2012 1Q 2.133B

2012 2Q 2.010B

2012 3Q 2.328B

2102 4Q 1.872B

2012 Tot 8.343B

2013 1Q 2.442B

2013 2Q 2.329B

2013 3Q 2.308B

Edited by KTP_Sparky
  • Like 2

Calm down. How do you figure it's all that bad? We are $608M ahead of 2012 through the first 9 months. Tthis year has averaged about +200M per quarter over 2012...if we do that in 4Q, NAAO will make 9.1B+ and that would be avg $9100 vs. $8343 for 2012.

2012 1Q 2.133B

2012 2Q 2.010B

2012 3Q 2.328B

2102 4Q 1.872B

2012 Tot 8.343B

2013 1Q 2.442B

2013 2Q 2.329B

2013 3Q 2.308B

Thank you great post.

I'm calm, I'm just a little mad that Europe's problems end up falling on us. But Sparky, you need to remember that "Special Items" are excluded from our PS. So even if FNA does make $9.1B for 2013, a minimum of $1,257 will be taken off of that number as special items (again, regardless of market) are subtracted from our sharing.

According to the media we make about $70 plus an hour!

They have us confused with the supervisors but it's ok we don't hold there mistake against them

The media still uses the old formula, that $70 per hours included all expenses we cost the company per hour. so not only hourly rate but all benefits were included in that number. That number has gone down tremendously with concessions and more and more entry level employees.

Back on topic though, I am not to worried about profit sharing this year. There were special items last year as well, maybe not as much but there were re-read 2012's financials. I was rather happy with last years profit sharing as most seemed to be once they got the check, even the ones that bitched about the formula and the 12k cap they still seemed to enjoy the checks they got.

Well no one took me up on my offer to spend their money for them if they did not want it, so I assume they were ok with what they got.

No it didn't. Our respective governments should protect its economies and their middle classes by requiring companies to invest/employ where they sell. Ford is the number one auto seller in Canada but has fewer employees than GM, Chrysler, Toyota or Honda. That doesn't make sense. Missing the days of the Autopact!!

No it didn't. Our respective governments should protect its economies and their middle classes by requiring companies to invest/employ where they sell. Ford is the number one auto seller in Canada but has fewer employees than GM, Chrysler, Toyota or Honda. That doesn't make sense. Missing the days of the Autopact!!

Amen, Brother. Still have to drive STAP almost daily, born by the Autopact and died by the Autopact.

Yes it does make sense, Ford has better vehicles than the others, look like Canadians know who has the best cars and trucks, it shows in sells!

• Like 1