To Wizard: Need info. on Indy

indyworker

Hello, I am a first time poster, do you have any info. on the Indy situation, we are not being told much here by local. I have 6 yrs. seniority, would consider the $140,000 buyout, not interested in relocating even if it is available. Thanks Wizard for any info. you can provide, we are in the dark here at Indy.

Hello, I am a first time poster, do you have any info. on the Indy situation, we are not being told much here by local. I have 6 yrs. seniority, would consider the $140,000 buyout, not interested in relocating even if it is available. Thanks Wizard for any info. you can provide, we are in the dark here at Indy.

indy doesn't have any buyers right . at one time Delphi was going to buy you and then filed Chapter 11 just before the deal could go thru.

so the company is recommending just closing you for the accelerated way forward announcement and sourcing the work. I don't have any details as to if that will go thru or dates but i'll keep and eye out.

indy doesn't have any buyers right . at one time Delphi was going to buy you and then filed Chapter 11 just before the deal could go thru.

so the company is recommending just closing you for the accelerated way forward announcement and sourcing the work. I don't have any details as to if that will go thru or dates but i'll keep and eye out.

Isn't Indy a VisteonPlant? What is made there?

If it is a Visteon Plant then it's not on the list because the list is for Ford part plants only not ACH or Visteon

Also isn't Monroe and Ysdi or whatever it's called Visteon also so how can they be on the list Mr.Wizard

7 ford part plants excluding Visteon that is what Fields said

So name me the 7 Ford part plants

You already said Wind. Stamp

Wayne Stamp

A Dearborn plant

Ralson.

that with Bot. and WCP =6 out of 7

Isn't Indy a VisteonPlant? What is made there?

If it is a Visteon Plant then it's not on the list because the list is for Ford part plants only not ACH or Visteon

Also isn't Monroe and Ysdi or whatever it's called Visteon also so how can they be on the list Mr.Wizard

7 ford part plants excluding Visteon that is what Fields said

So name me the 7 Ford part plants

You already said Wind. Stamp

Wayne Stamp

A Dearborn plant

Ralson.

that with Bot. and WCP =6 out of 7

Indy, Monroe or Ypsi are not visteon plants. :titanic:

Indianapolis makes steering components, and we are ACH. Power steering pumps, rack and pinion gears and RV gears (heavy truck). We still make some steering columns, but that work is going away.

Edited by Indy

Thanks for that update, Wiz. We've had 2 supplier companies tour our plant recently---one U.S. based, the other European. Don't know if negotiations are going on---management demands secrecy.

As far as Delphi: we were told Delphi wanted the Ford "order book" only---not the plant or the people; so Delphi was sent home.