Carbon Clearcoat Metallic?

Has anyone seen a Sport Trac in this color? How does it compare to Silver Birch? Is it slightly darker? All I have seen are the little color samples. Does anyone know where I could see a picture of a Sport Trac in this color? As usual, Ford's Build and Price option on their website is not up to date. :shrug:

You can build and price an 07 Expedition on FordVehicles.com and see the Carbon option... on the RGB color scale, where black is 0,0,0, Carbon is 55,55,55... so it is pretty dark gray. Somewhere I saw someone mention they though it wqas just Dark Shadow Gray renamed.

You can build and price an 07 Expedition on FordVehicles.com and see the Carbon option... on the RGB color scale, where black is 0,0,0, Carbon is 55,55,55... so it is pretty dark gray. Somewhere I saw someone mention they though it wqas just Dark Shadow Gray renamed.

Thanks. Yeah, that's a lot darker than Silver Birch. When I looked at this CarsDirect website it sure didn't look that dark. :shrug:

Since they are dropping Mineral Gray I suppose it makes sense that it would be similar to that.

http://www.carsdirect.com/ford/explorer_sport_trac/colors

Edited by blksn8k2

Check out the pictures of GT-500s. There are a few pictures of GT-500s in Alloy. Looks nice. So nice, I ordered a Sport Trac in that color.

Edit: Can anyone at LAP get a picture of an '07 ST in Alloy?

Edited by PRM

Did anybody see my Fire Red Sport Trac w/Chrome Package come off the line on Monday or so? Can't wait to get it......

All the Fire Red Sport Tracs came out with black polka dots all over them on Monday. So I guess you will get the cheetah edition...lol

Just kidding, you're gonna love your truck.

• 4 weeks later...

Good news! My ST evidently arrived at the dealer. Bad News, it did not have the Power Rear Window as ordered. :shrug: I have not actually laid eyes on it to confirm this, but the Power Rear Window is not on the window sticker on the dealers website. Don't know where things went wrong. Bottom line, the window is a show stopper for me. Ordered another Alloy ST, hopefully this one will have all the right options. Especially the Power Rear Window. Would anyone actually order one without the window?

All I have is a printed copy of the original order, which included the power rear window. Not sure what the DORA is. Today (for my second order attempt) I asked for a copy of something back from Ford stating what they intend to build (not just what the dealer has theoretically put into the system). On the first order I think there was a disconnect between entering the order and what was received. I think it may go back to the fact that the first time we filled everything out we did not include the window. While talking in the lobby I remembered it and we went back and made the change (~20 min after the first attempt). I wonder if the revised order somehow did not replace the original? I received a printout of the revised order which included the window, but once I saw the window sticker online (~7 week later) I realized it was not there. Before submitting the first order, I ‘built’ the ST online and printed it out take to the dealer. Unfortunately, not everything that is really available on the ST is included on the website build feature. Specifically in my case, the Alloy color, the PDBL and reverse sensor. I remembered to write in the reverse sensor and of course the color, but not the window and thus it was missed the first time around. The website still does not include all the options and colors. For this second attempt, I'll also be looking for a window sticker as soon as it's available. From what I gather here that should be a couple of days after the Blend date.