Thanks but some times you are too logical and that doesnt float with Ford management..

What about what the wizard says? I know sounds silly but he was right in every step of the way forward plan and he said stap was getting the town car in 07 but still closing in 2010cy.

:huh: You mean it makes sense to move the TC to STAP, update both the TC and the other "panthers" within 1 year of each other and then shut everything down a couple of years after that? :kuko:

Your management must obviously love to lose money. Would explain a lot.

BTW, the part that makes me chuckle is where they figure that their going to do all this and sales will be so low your only gonna run one shift. Between now and '08 I'd believe that, but I see Ford having serious supply problems after a restyling. Do they really think STAP can manage 300K units/yr on one shift???

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: You mean it makes sense to move the TC to STAP, update both the TC and the other "panthers" within 1 year of each other and then shut everything down a couple of years after that? :kuko:

Your management must obviously love to lose money. Would explain a lot.

BTW, the part that makes me chuckle is where they figure that their going to do all this and sales will be so low your only gonna run one shift. Between now and '08 I'd believe that, but I see Ford having serious supply problems after a restyling. Do they really think STAP can manage 300K units/yr on one shift???

Where do you get the 300k units /yr numbers?

I think it was the dom mike hom who told us Jan 23 at the first way forward announcement that even with a re fresh/re model they didnt expect sales to get better enough to justify 2 shifts...seriously thats what they said...

I think it was the dom mike hom who told us Jan 23 at the first way forward announcement that even with a re fresh/re model they didnt expect sales to get better enough to justify 2 shifts...seriously thats what they said...

Re volume.........

For information.......

US Sales of CV, GM, and Town Car:

2004 was 197,267

2005 was 180,563

2006 projection based upon actual sales through August.......158,065

2007? If the declining sales trend continues; and if Chrysler takes an increasing share of the police car market; perhaps 140,000?????

Your management really are idiots eh? Ford is losing sales due to 2 factors. 1, everyone is losing sales, and 2, Ford has neglected a number of their product lines ( arguably ALL of them ). If the styling is as pathetic as seen in some recent attempts, they could be right. If they aren't upgrading the engine and tranny ( e.g. DOHC4V and 6R75 ) or doing IRS, or including a standard GPS unit, or upgrading the "glass cockpit"... or any number of other things to keep up with the competition... then they are certainly right.

OTOH, if they do my suggested base upgrades ( or perhaps even intro that Dagenham 3.7L diesel V8 ) then my sales figures are much more likely ;)

Your management really are idiots eh? Ford is losing sales due to 2 factors. 1, everyone is losing sales, and 2, Ford has neglected a number of their product lines ( arguably ALL of them ). If the styling is as pathetic as seen in some recent attempts, they could be right. If they aren't upgrading the engine and tranny ( e.g. DOHC4V and 6R75 ) or doing IRS, or including a standard GPS unit, or upgrading the "glass cockpit"... or any number of other things to keep up with the competition... then they are certainly right.

OTOH, if they do my suggested base upgrades ( or perhaps even intro that Dagenham 3.7L diesel V8 ) then my sales figures are much more likely ;)

I love the diesel idea or what about a hybrid crown vic for taxis ....

Just heard a good one, when we get back from our 2 weeks of layoffs all of the TV cables and anything to do with TV's will be gone.

Power Drops and Cable is only cut from those areas who send an ass-load of repairs

"The Man" is watching (either that or there's some people out there who got pissed off who shouldn't have been)

Power Drops and Cable is only cut from those areas who send an ass-load of repairs

"The Man" is watching (either that or there's some people out there who got pissed off who shouldn't have been)

Well it is the companys property and electricity and I could see this coming , its not hard to see the idiots who let repairs go because they were rewinding their vcr's or watching tv ....

I mean it's a nice thing to have but too many people have ruined it now for the rest by abusing the system for too long....

ps2 on the line etc....shouldnt be allowed ...

they are watching and people are still letting shit go while they set up tv's etc....

Well it is the companys property and electricity and I could see this coming , its not hard to see the idiots who let repairs go because they were rewinding their vcr's or watching tv ....

I mean it's a nice thing to have but too many people have ruined it now for the rest by abusing the system for too long....

ps2 on the line etc....shouldnt be allowed ...

they are watching and people are still letting shit go while they set up tv's etc....

My entertainment will have to come from watching my foreman try to run his zone. :happy feet:

the repairmen .........oh no i forgot there watching tv as well

soooooooooooooo it goes to CAI then when we get backed up we put them outside and have to work fridays and down weeks and ot sometimes

tv a double edge sword no tv no work on thursday nights and no work on "leaf nite" your right some peeps screw it up

When I was in engineering school in college, I took a tour of the Honda Accord plant in Marysville, OH.

Rest assured there was not a single person watching television. It just blows my mind that a $30,000 piece of machinery is being assembled by guys paying half-attention while that are watching television.

When I was in engineering school in college, I took a tour of the Honda Accord plant in Marysville, OH.

Rest assured there was not a single person watching television. It just blows my mind that a $30,000 piece of machinery is being assembled by guys paying half-attention while that are watching television.

The funny thing is, some guys work a hundred times better when they are watching something they enjoy. It makes them happier, more comfortable, and sometimes they work harder, because they don't want to screw up and have there TV taken away!! I think it is actually better to have, makes people discuss and converse more, sometimes causes employees to laugh with each other, and not over hourly, or salaried employees getting in trouble. I know that televisions in a plant sounds incredible, but I truly believe that the good of the TV totally outweighs the bad of the Stigma! :shrug:

Edited by keepfocused

2002 Grand Marquis LSE - 56 k, silver & grey leather - bulletproof so far

They Can't be doing THAT bad... hehe

all kidding aside... there was a time not too long ago when things were under control, people would bring out the TV's for watching the Playoffs or whatever, Everyone was happy and quality didn't suffer

Now everyone has TV's linked up to DVD players with Pirated DVD's with Linked Cordless Headphones and playstations

The younger crowd have taken the TV thing and run with it to the point where Quality IS becoming an Issue...

The First of the Cable cuts were to the Tranny Deckers because the WARRANTY guy from Dearborn wondered why there were so many Tranny warranty issues, he apparently came to investigate and saw just why things were as they were (how true this is I don't know, but its what my Boss told me, and he's the one who tells us to Cut da Cable)

Nothing wrong with having a TV and doing your job (Just like the old days where there was nothing wrong with being drunk and stoned out of your mind as long as the cars were being built) a Happy worker is a Busy worker...

Yep and we continue to build a quality award winning vehicle even with the televisions on. Who gives a shit about your tour of a Honda plant and wether the guys working there were watching tv or not. At St. Thomas we build quality with the best of them! Edited by Charged92