TSB 13-2-1

haywire52

Escape went to the dealer today for a small list of todos. Had TSB 13-2-1 on the list inaccurate DTE. I checked when wife came home and no quad screen. I thought this update was to give me one. If this is true I wonder what else they didn't do. Had 3 other TSB to be done TSB 12-12-12- 13-3-14 13-4-25. Had escape 13 mths. first trip to dealership.

Yeah, I brought my Escape in for multiple issues with TSB numbers and I know there are several things that dealership didn't fix that they said they did. I hope they didn't bill Ford for parts/labor when they didn't do the job. I swear some of these people just think the average customer has to be the stupidest person in the world. I wonder how a convo with their service manager goes....

SA: Hey boss, this guy just dropped off his 35k brand new Escape. He did his research and came up with TSBs to address his DTE, exhaust pop, and noise over speed bumps... what should we do?"
SM: Herm... well, lets go ahead and provide him with a MFT update and then give him back his vehicle. We don't want to inconvience him by having it in service for more than a few days."
SA: But his MFT is up to date already, and updating MFT only takes an hour, why would we keep it for multiple days if that's all we're going to do?

SM: Well, if we turned around and called him right now, he'd be suspecious that we didn't fix his issues. But if we keep it in the shop, he'll be happy that all his things are fixed and we'll be happy we didn't do jack.
SA: That does make sense. Okay. Mind if I take his car out to dinner? I got a hot date I want to impress!
SM: Yeah sure, just run it through the automatic brush car washer when you're done. Every customer appreciates a cheap car wash that scratches the dirt so hard it leaves marks!

SA: Good plan. Peace out.

What does your paper work show they did?

Maybe your just not displaying the quad screen. Did you scroll thru the different screens under trip 1 or 2?

Escape went to the dealer today for a small list of todos. Had TSB 13-2-1 on the list inaccurate DTE. I checked when wife came home and no quad screen. I thought this update was to give me one. If this is true I wonder what else they didn't do. Had 3 other TSB to be done TSB 12-12-12- 13-3-14 13-4-25. Had escape 13 mths. first trip to dealership.