Asian brands Future product update

igor

Does Toyota REALLY make money with the Scion brand? I think their totals for a full year are at 160,000, but it requires three different body types to get that.

they might not, but Scion owners overwhelmingly move up to Toyota and stay there - that is what makes money ..

Small cars were never profitable - Hack Civic in a giid year breaks even - but a Civic owner in the future might buy a n accord (solightly profitable) or even a n Oddyssey ($$$) or dmaybe switch over to a TSX or TL in Acura (shit load of $$$$)

PS: While Scion hasa lot of bodies, it is all the same platform and engines - it is quite easy and cheap to build- Ford is going to do the same thing with its B-cars ...

Igor

they might not, but Scion owners overwhelmingly move up to Toyota and stay there - that is what makes money ..

I can't possibly understand why. I rode shotgun in an xB the other day. I couldn't believe how downright cheap that interior felt. The dash is VERY poorly designed too -- trays everywhere but no bins. I guess it's a good thing they only have 105 HP or a hard launch would send everything in the dash into the back seat. :finger:

xB - you mean Rattlebox? (yes that is the nickname, because of al lthe interior rattles, that not even Toyota techs can get rid of)

yeah I have no idea how people can be so downright blind to the cheapness of the Scions .... had the Scions were Ford you could see Rags all over it for cheap plastics and weak engines .... but this is toyota.

Igor

xB - you mean Rattlebox? (yes that is the nickname, because of al lthe interior rattles, that not even Toyota techs can get rid of)

yeah I have no idea how people can be so downright blind to the cheapness of the Scions .... had the Scions were Ford you could see Rags all over it for cheap plastics and weak engines .... but this is toyota.

Igor

see them around here alot, with rims and all decked out, had one try to race me the other day in my contour, just kinda watched him gas it and do 0-60 in like 20 secs lol.. those thing have 5 speeds? sounded like he was really thrashing the gears...

see them around here alot, with rims and all decked out, had one try to race me the other day in my contour, just kinda watched him gas it and do 0-60 in like 20 secs lol.. those thing have 5 speeds? sounded like he was really thrashing the gears...

I think just about every vehicle produced today can beat the xBox in a race. Not only is it underpowered but it also has the wind working against it. I wonder what it would be like if you had 4 passengers in it and had to drive over a mountain pass on a highway??? Scary! :o