MAP Unemployment Claim

madime39

We will not get one until the 30th, but supposedly we will be able to call Marvin on the 23rd anyway.....which does not make any sense. So when should we file our own claim, at the end of each week or at the end of the 2 week lay off period?

I don't understand why we wouldn't get a letter until the 30th - who did you hear that from? Not questioning your info, just wondering who told you that.

I haven't received a letter, so I filed a claim online last night. If the claim isn't filed until next week, you won't be able to call MARVIN until the 30th. It's my belief that's why it was delayed last time. Unfortunately we were burned last month regarding unemployment - I'm not taking ANY chances this time.

• 2 weeks later...

when I log onto my account it states "you have benefit weeks that have not been certified-click here to certify", then it asks me if I'm claiming weeks ending 11-17-13 thru 11-23-13. I wasn't even laid off those weeks. tried to call the "customer service" number only to be told "due to heavy call volume, etc". it's obvious to me that this isn't going to get resolved this week by ANYONE, so I will try to certify next week as it states in the letter I received in the mail from UIA. I knew this would happen, and I take a small amount of comfort in the fact that we are all in the same boat. Merry Christmas!

I filed my own claim the first week we were off, and just certified with MARVIN for both weeks. Fool me once...

I did the exact same thing. I don't believe for one minute that this was an issue caused by Mich. Unemployment office. If that had been the case, I would not have been able to file, and then claim both weeks at the same time this morning. This is a FORD issue. Putting the Mich. logo on a letter going out is EASY to do, but that does not mean it came from the unemployment office.

• Like 2

I did the same thing this week. I had zero faith in it going down the way they had laid it out before we left.

Logged into Miwam on Friday and it said I had a week unclaimed, so I claimed it. I had got a letter from the company saying I was to certify on the 30th. (was told the 23rd before we left)

Not sure why they want to file an additional claim, if we would have just stayed on the one from Nov. seems a lot less confusing to me.

We probably won't see SUB pay until February... :waiting:

after much rigmarole, ie certifying weeks I wasn't even laid off, I finally was prompted to certify for the actual lay-off week. much to my shock, I checked my account this morning, and my payment will be issued 12-26-13. perhaps the letter we received was accurate after all...