Swiss banks possibly giving up tax cheats

This is going to be interesting when and if they do give up some of the tax cheats. I suspect that there will be people of both sides prosecuted.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/12/switzerland-banks-united-states-tax-dodgers-department-of-justice-101211.html

The effort is part of a U.S. crackdown on American tax evaders and the banks that help them, which ramped up when Swiss banking giant UBS admitted as much with a $780 million settlement in 2009. The Justice Department is currently probing 14 major Swiss financial institutions — including Credit Suisse, Julius Baer and the Swiss arm of HSBC — for shielding U.S. tax cheats.
The government gave a larger set of Swiss banks until Dec. 31 to sign up for non-prosecution deals, after paying a penalty of up to 50 percent of the secret assets.

Newsflash - both major political parties rely heavily on rich people for donations.

Another newsflash - the extremely rich count both Democrats and Republicans among their ranks.

Final newsflash - the idea that only rich Republicans or conservatives will avail themselves to Swiss bank accounts to hide income could be described as naïve at best.

Edited by grbeck

Newsflash - both major political parties rely heavily on rich people for donations.

Another newsflash - the extremely rich count both Democrats and Republicans among their ranks.

Final newsflash - the idea that only rich Republicans or conservatives will avail themselves to Swiss bank accounts to hide income could be described as naïve at best.

Not a news flash.

I said as much in my first post that i expect people of both sides to be prosecuted.

You had to dig deep for that one, huh?

No. Type oven mitt into Google images and it pops right up fairly quickly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mitt&rlz=1C1TSNL_enUS451US451&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=2_G0Uvj5LeTeyAHti4HoCw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=978#es_sm=93&espv=210&q=oven%20mitt&revid=2099467306&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

There's this thing called the internet where you can find pretty much anything you wish to find. Perhaps you could try it sometime.

No. Type oven mitt into Google images and it pops right up fairly quickly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mitt&rlz=1C1TSNL_enUS451US451&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=2_G0Uvj5LeTeyAHti4HoCw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=978#es_sm=93&espv=210&q=oven%20mitt&revid=2099467306&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

There's this thing called the internet where you can find pretty much anything you wish to find. Perhaps you could try it sometime.

I never doubted your intent.

I meant you had to dig intellectually deep.

A man should be judged on his character and actions. Not his skin color, genetics, or given name.

If you have a point to make, why not do that?

I never doubted your intent.

I meant you had to dig intellectually deep.

A man should be judged on his character and actions. Not his skin color, genetics, or given name.

If you have a point to make, why not do that?

Did you miss the point? Perhaps you should look at the picture again.

I'm pretty sure that his first name isn't why i think he could be involved.