2014 Fusion MyFord Touch Radio Buzz

KNace

I just bought a new 2014 Ford Fusion SE with MyFord Touch last week. I'm loving the car however I have noticed an annoying buzz/hum when the radio is on very low volume, this is most noticeable when first starting the car, when it's just in accessory (since the motor can drown it out a bit). The buzz seems to be on each type of media device and can be heard through Sync as well. The noise does not get louder or softer if you adjust the volume, it remains constant. This is not the "end of the world" but it's pretty annoying considering that it's a brand new car and I really love listening to music and don't need additional white noise with each song.

The best way to hear it is to put your stereo into bluetooth audio mode, and play a song on your phone while it's muted. The car thinks it's receiving sound but all you get is that slight noise.

Has anyone experienced this? I brought it back to the dealership today for them to figure it out and at first they didn't know what I was even hearing but then I sat with a very nice tech who heard it, we sat in another Fusion and it did the SAME THING!

HELP!

Yep - same issue here. It drives me nuts. Took it in, and eveyrone acted like they couldn't hear it. Finally got one tech who said that he could hear it too. Hopped in to two other Fusions. All had that same issue.

I think it's pretty obnoxious, personally. Not sure what or where the issue is.

I have it on my '13 Fusion SE with the basic MyFord radio. Does it mostly when on the Sirius setting.

There are posts saying that dealers have replaced the ACM module to correct it.

http://www.fordescape.org/forum/electronics-audio-lighting/6009-sony-sound-system-static.html

http://2gfusions.com/index.php/topic,1817.msg18988.html#msg18988