2014 Fusion Titanium Order 20 Weeks?

ismo

I'm going to be patient and wait for the one I custom ordered Ismo. The cooled seats was an option I wanted seeing I am going back to CA and go to Vegas often. Also, dealer came back saying the 19" wheels would be a seperate order at $900 a tire/rim. Couldnt just swap them.

Hate waiting! It'll be worth it tho.

Got an update on my order today. Currently in production.

ETA of June 8th. I'm still shaking my head at this. I just can't understand why it would take 40 days from build to delivery.

The most annoying thing to me is that I've had to extend my lease by 2 months, pay for registration, and pay more taxes on my current lease.

If I had any indication it would have taken this long when I ordered the car Feb. 1st, I would have been more inclined to purchase a car off of the lot.

I'm buying the Fusion so I feel more attached to it and I am really having a hard time waiting for it!

If they are averaging 40 days from build to delivery. I won't have my car until early July. This sucks... just seems like Ford doesn't do whats needed for it custom orders... another friend of mine went with BMW. He ordered last week and was guaranteed delivery within 60 days. And that is coming from Germany... if only I liked BMW's...

I don't think it's the average time. It's unusual and no one can tell me why.

I ordered my 2012 Focus as well. I ordered that March 4th, 2012 and it was delivered to my dealer April 5th, 2012. And that was a fully loaded Titanium as well.

So when I ask Ford why and they try to tell me it's probably because I have a lot of added options...I'm not buying it.

I'm pretty sure my dealers messed up somewhere along the line.

So why my Fusion is taking so long is beyond me.

I got a hold of Ford CS. They explained to me that it is either I ordered a "unusual model" (titanium fusion with heated/cooled

Leather seats, nav and 19"h spoke, easy model......)or that the dealer has had to have made a mistake somewhere. Then, if thats not it, that maybe my dealer has already used their number of allowable orders for this month. Why do they do that crap? the amount of custom orders has nothing to do with a customers order. Itshouldnt count as their allotted vehicle numbers. Going to Lose business... and the sad thing is I dont think ford cares.

Sorry if any of my spelling is off. I had back surgery today and im a little off due to the meds.

But all of this is testing me. Anger that im in pain and more so over all the "I DON'T KNOW" crap I seem to get from dealer/ford. I have to have this car by June 14 for a trip. I just don't see that happening...

Sorry for the vent. Im just not getting any answers from them.

Had an update today. Not through Ford directly, but from my Dad of all people. He started researching for me as I was getting fed up and he knows people.

My car is in transit with an ETA of May 17th at the dealer.

I can't wait to check for an update next week on the tracking forum. I already asked for one on Tuesday.

Now I just have to spend some time doing some research to make sure I get the deal I should be getting when I pick it up. I'm getting this car on the X-Plan and it's my first time doing so.

I don't fully understand how it works yet, so I have 2 weeks to figure it out!

Hopefully the lack of information for everyone just means they're not updating the systems as regularly.

Glad to hear ismo. Go dad! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm not sure how x-plan really works. Seems really close to what my insurance has set up with dealers. So it should be good. I go through USAA and they have a great dealer network that makes the car $400 above their invoice. Also, check truecar pricing to see where your price is on average.

If your dad gets bored, here's my ViN# 3FA6P0K90ER365907 J/K LOL

Thanks MKII! I didn't even notice that the date had changed when I checked earlier.

I'm thinking about using Costco as my backup plan. The price I was offered via Costco was slightly more than my X-plan offer, but only just. I'm happy with my X-Plan offer so far, I'm just confused on how incentives work with it.

With Costco you get all rebates as well. When I ordered my incentives were $2500. Plus there was no haggling, went through their website, got called by a Ford dealer, gave him my wish list and got me a quote the next day. Went and ordered a couple days later. In and out in about an hour.

I think I am in the same boat as ismo and reganald. I ordered on February 20. Asked my dealer for a status update last week and got this:

"2014 Fusion - VIN 3FA6P0D9XER334399

Current Status

Status

ETA

Primary

Secondary

Vehicle Location

Status Date / Time

Start Date

End Date

ETA Disposition

In Production

Sent to Plant

Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO

Apr-22-2014

Jun-19-2014

Jun-25-2014"

My window sticker (http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=3FA6P0D9XER334399) refers to April 22, 2014 and ETIS reflects a "build date" of April 29.

Do you think it us safe to assume the car is either in transit or awaiting transit?

Minx88, your VIN Is fine. If the link doesn't work, it's because your window sticker isn't available yet.

If you put your VIN in here:

http://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin-decoder/

You will see that your VIN is valid, and it will break it down for you.

I think the window sticker is usually available about a week before your build day.

I had my VIN for about a month before I had my window sticker.

CyberDman just looked up my VIN and my fusion is not scheduled to day 06/04/2014 and I ordered on March 17. This is crazy. Is there any way to get the dealer to move my car up in priority code or is it too late?

You can always ask. The only thing I can think of that is causing all of these delays is that they're starting the 2015 orders soon. Maybe they're slowing production down on the 2014 orders? My dealer hasn't been able to give me any answers at all. All they do is apologize and try to offer me other cars that I didn't order.

It's gone so long now, I keep forgetting I'm getting a new car!