DTP down time

DearbornDerek

I heard those weeks DTP is down NAP folks will be up there to tour the plant to see if they would like a job there or not!!

Ya, And I'm the one around here full of shit.

I suppose Chris Kimmons will be driving that tour bus.

I heard those weeks DTP is down NAP folks will be up there to tour the plant to see if they would like a job there or not!!

Ya, And I'm the one around here full of shit.

I suppose Chris Kimmons will be driving that tour bus.

And now you say that when you know you cannot do that. Wow that is funny as shit too so lets just see if you can pick. I can't wait to see this one.... Your one of the guys that are not ready for anything and always looks for something. Maybe they could drop you off on Chalmers and Warren and see if you can hang out. You could ask for a ride if you like as I am sure someone will help you.

If they add a shift to DTP, why wouldnt some of the NAP people be able to go there? I'm not saying your wrong "DTPM" about the choosing part, but if they add a shift, thats not choosing.

Not really like I said it all depends if there is openings. Now if the product was not built at DTP yet or in a pre-launch stage as a new product, then yes you could follow but in this case your not really following a product because it has been here for almost 3 years now. Like I said there might be a sign-up sheet but that will be the voluntary part and not forced onto you and will be limited if it happens at all. Now if they add a shift and cut your shift that depends on other factors liike wixom or MTP. People say MTP is gonna go to one shift but I highly doubt that and as far as closing I doubt that one too. If wixom closes those employees would be allowed to move within the zone before out of zone people do. Each location is going to have a high number of retirements so in the end the amount of people affected will be smaller. You guys have to understand that even if your on layoff at some point you will be called. As someone retires or get fired, that spot is going to be filled and you have callback rights up to you years of service. Yes contract is up next year with the UAW but that is a part that will not change because that is a bonus for ford. It is a scary time but things will get better after this is done with. Anyone realize that when GM got all the good press about the workers taking the buyout and are doing ok now, ford pulls the plan together faster? Guess you can say they are worried GM was the target plant and would set standards that they were not in the position to follow and would result in a strike and that is why I think they will do the buyouts.

At least in a bad way you guys are gonna get paid if your off which helps keep your head above water for a while. That is something in the 80's that did not happen so be thankful for that if your faced with a closing. I for one am looking forward to alittle downtime just to relax after doing alot of hours the last couple of years and just loosing my dad last month. I could get somethings done with that time off but I doubt DTP will be down the weeks they stated on this board. They did build DTP for a reason and alot rides on that plant as far as Public Relations and that plant is in peoples face more than any other plant. If people heard they are gonna be down they most likely would not go on a tour which does not generate income for us but for The Henry Ford. Some 25 million is expected to go to that place each year....

If they add a shift to DTP, why wouldnt some of the NAP people be able to go there? I'm not saying your wrong "DTPM" about the choosing part, but if they add a shift, thats not choosing.

napworker1993,You can say he's wrong...Just go on the tour and after the tour you can sign the transfer sheet if you like....

Oh yea DTPM, I'm prepared for anything,I adapt to the situation,I can adapt to your non quality plant too.....

Can't wait to drive my HYUNDAI to Dearborn Truck Plant on my first day of work there!

napworker1993,You can say he's wrong...Just go on the tour and after the tour you can sign the transfer sheet if you like....

Oh yea DTPM, I'm not prepared for anything,I cannot adapt to the situation,I cannot adapt to your quality plant but I will try.....

Can't wait to drive my F-150 to Dearborn Truck Plant on my first day of work there! I will be sure to see if they are indeed BUILT ROUGE TOUGH.

You know all you do on here is start :censored:. If you do get a chance to go anywhere you might want to get an attitude adjustment. Talking shit on here is one thing but life is another story. No confidence is your problem and that shows in how you carry yourself in discussions. As for the non-quality part in your statement, when you get here your gonna find out what work will be but see I hope your :censored: ends up in stamping. You will like it over there and I hope your record is ok because they look at medical issues, awols, leaves, tardy's and anything you can think of when someone does come into a plant from another. As for your Hyundai you can drive what you wish, after all your paying for it not me. I only have paid for vehicles that I drive because I do believe in this company. Do you sir?

Oh yeah just so people get a laugh on here I added to your post to show others how you really feel deep inside. If I am wrong then sorry for the mixup... LOL :shrug:

You know all you do on here is start :censored:. If you do get a chance to go anywhere you might want to get an attitude adjustment. Talking shit on here is one thing but life is another story. No confidence is your problem and that shows in how you carry yourself in discussions. As for the non-quality part in your statement, when you get here your gonna find out what work will be but see I hope your :censored: ends up in stamping. You will like it over there and I hope your record is ok because they look at medical issues, awols, leaves, tardy's and anything you can think of when someone does come into a plant from another. As for your Hyundai you can drive what you wish, after all your paying for it not me. I only have paid for vehicles that I drive because I do believe in this company. Do you sir?

Oh yeah just so people get a laugh on here I added to your post to show others how you really feel deep inside. If I am wrong then sorry for the mixup... LOL :shrug:

you can't take what some here at nap say,however when y'll opened what three years ago ,y'll ended up accepting people from edison ,when they closed as well as us and kcap and anybody else regardless of job postings and from your own newspaper up there,there was a qoute from some ford management that when norfolk closed and dtp added a third shift many from nap would be able to transfer their.I guess you'll just have to live with it.

you can't take what some here at nap say,however when y'll opened what three years ago ,y'll ended up accepting people from edison ,when they closed as well as us and kcap and anybody else regardless of job postings and from your own newspaper up there,there was a qoute from some ford management that when norfolk closed and dtp added a third shift many from nap would be able to transfer their.I guess you'll just have to live with it.

Can you point me to where that quote is in the Detroit paper is with regard to DTP adding a third shift. I know Wiz has said it around here, and it may be true, but I haven't seen it in any quote from Ford management saying it's fact.

I WOULD NEVER DRIVE A FORD F-150!!!!! I LIKE MY HYUNDAI!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :kissass:

The key word is some not all and those that came signed postings to come and some were forced. Oh yeah your wrong about the time frame though, those people came in before we all went into the DTP plant. They were accually transfered into DAP because positions opened (in-zone) at AAI and most of them from DAP followed the mustang when it started up over at that plant causing openings at DAP. See that is the difference those people left a plant that was working overtime at the time and followed the car to a plant the started to produce the next Model. Oh yeah just so you guys know too the day DAP last ran it's mustang AAI fired up the same day and took off from where we left off.

Do not listen what the papers say guys they spin that stuff way too extreme. You have no follow rights to DTP it is whatever is open. Openings will happen but only as they happen and not made up to force anyone out as some of the high timers would want some to think. If you guys were smart you would be wanting to go to AAI. Just wait for the announcement as I have been told it will be more detailed than the last one with specifics of jobs, transfers, and product movement.