2014 Fusion: how to change map/dome/trunk bulbs?

Mehcoib

Hi,

I want to change the interior dome lights (front and rear) and also the trunk bulb of my '14 Ford Fusion (Hybrid). Problem is, I don't how to remove the light bulbs. Should I remove the whole dome itself or just the plastic lens part? I have the service manual DVD but there's nothing about this (piece of crap IMO). If anyone has done it yet... or if there's a thread about this in the forum...?

Thank you.

pretty sure all you need is a flat head screwdriver for the trunk light just to push the clips out of the holder. Interior lights I haven't heard of anyone changing and I don't know if they even have standard sockets since the manual has no information on those at all other than that they are LED.

I don't know if they are standard or proprietary but I'd like to replace the yellowish bulbs/LEDs with white (~4000-5000K) LEDs, that's why I'd like to see them... but I don't want to break anything (of course) and I haven't been able to figure out how to "open" those domes

Edited by Mehcoib

I've pulled down the rear dome light in my 14 Ti, and it's just an LED soldered on a circuit board. No housing, nothing. If I remember correctly you have to pull very hard starting at the rear of the housing, but it's just clipped into the headliner.

I have the moon roof, I'm assuming the front lights / map lights mount a little differently between moon roof and standard headliners. I did not see an easy way to remove that, but I was able to feel along the housing by sticking my fingers between the moon roof liner and the light housing, and I'm pretty sure it also is just an LED mounted on a circuit board.

The trunk light as stated previously is just a plastic clip and pull the entire housing out to swap the bulb.

In my Ti, the dome / map lights are white LEDs, I don't detect any yellow at all.

I've pulled down the rear dome light in my 14 Ti, and it's just an LED soldered on a circuit board. No housing, nothing. If I remember correctly you have to pull very hard starting at the rear of the housing, but it's just clipped into the headliner.

I have the moon roof, I'm assuming the front lights / map lights mount a little differently between moon roof and standard headliners. I did not see an easy way to remove that, but I was able to feel along the housing by sticking my fingers between the moon roof liner and the light housing, and I'm pretty sure it also is just an LED mounted on a circuit board.

The trunk light as stated previously is just a plastic clip and pull the entire housing out to swap the bulb.

In my Ti, the dome / map lights are white LEDs, I don't detect any yellow at all.

thank you for your reply. I also have moon roof and thanks to you I won't have to open the rear dome light. It's not really yellow, let's say white-yellow compared to pure white LEDs we can find on eBay. Too bad Ford decided to go with proprietary lights...