ice-capades

Our dealership finally received its 1st 2015 Mustang this afternoon... 2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium in Ruby Red, Automatic & 50th Anniversary Appearance Package. Photos don't do the car justice! It's absolutely beautiful in person!

Now waiting for a 2015 Mustang GT Premium in White, Automatic, Navigation & 50th Anniversary Appearance Package which is on a rail car at an intermediate stop in Ohio as of last night but will hopefully arrive in the next week. Also... a 2015 Mustang GT Premium in Guard Metallic w/6-Speed Manual & Navigation System that should be released for shipping by the end of the week.

post-7588-0-20256700-1415048611_thumb.jpg

post-7588-0-51608000-1415048619_thumb.jpg

post-7588-0-74744100-1415048627_thumb.jpg

post-7588-0-86132100-1415048635_thumb.jpg

post-7588-0-87189400-1415048643_thumb.jpg

Edited by ice-capades

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2015 Mustang GT on order and I can't wait for it to come in.

I have heard nothing but good about it, Handling, Performance , and Looks inside and outside. What else could I ask for.

I love my 2004 Mustang Mach 1. I bought it new and I plan on keeping it. I don't even play the radio cause thre car sounds so good.

I do have a hard choice once I get the new one though cause one of them is going to have to sit outside.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI... Ford's commodity issues are continuing to make it difficult to get 2015 Mustang GT orders scheduled for dealer stock orders. This week there are commodity restrictions on 9 different wheel and/or tire items! As such, Ford's pushing a lot of V6 and even more EcoBoost models into a Market that sells mostly GT's historically. These commodity issues are making it difficult to get enough GT's in stock to serve our historical customer base. We'll take all the 2015 Mustangs we can get now, not knowing what the allocation or scheduling situation will be later on, but we need to be able to stock the models that are our best sellers in volume.

• 2 weeks later...

Ford Media announced that S550 Mustang Convertibles (15`s) are finally being released for shipment beginning this past week, 12/8. Odd that at the very beginning of a highly anticipated new year model run that Inventory & Commodities issues would hold up production at JOB1 or JOB2. Paring down parts commodities nearing the end of a run is good business but choking production at the launch makes no sense whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...

Something happened. My S550 Convertible was built on 11/25 and still has not been released for shipment. 5 weeks to be released, "Red Flag". EDD still shows on COTUS as 1/12 despite the fact that FRAP is shutdown until 1/5. Unless area Zone Manager has a (good) explanation, I`m simply going to re-order and begin the 4 month wait again. Let someone else take a chance with this (mystery) car.

phil1336...

Mustang's are notorious for sitting at the plant waiting to be loaded on rail cars, etc. I have 2015 Mustang's that have been produced or are in the plant now and Ford's showing ETA's at the dealership of early to mid-February. I wouldn't worry about the shipping delay, just be patient and you'll find the wait worth it when your car finally arrives. I've been driving a 2015 Mustang GT Premium Fastback (White, Automatic, Anniversary Appearance Package, Navigation, Security Group, Reverse Sensing System, etc.) for the past month and I've more impressed every day with Ford's attention to detail with the new car. This is absolutely the most impressive vehicle I've driven in decades!

ice-capades; Thanks for the update and your impressions of the S550 Mustang! I just checked COTUS for the first time in over 5 days and was pleasantly surprised to finally see some movement. The progress bar inched forward from processing where its been stuck for a month to now "in transit" as of 12/27. EDD has been pushed forward slightly by 2 days from 1/12 to 1/14. Hopefully optimistic that this 4 month wait is almost over. Happy & Healthy New Year!