IMPORTANT INFO re Cracking Intake Manifolds.

TheLemon

IMPORTANT INFO

Here’s some information that we received from a concerned citizen. It seems that Ford Motor Company Agreed to a Court approved settlement regarding :blink: Cracking Intake Manifolds.

It looks like Ford won’t have to pay if people don’t know about it…… (see how crooked they are….)

There is a 90 days time frame to go to a dealer and get a refund for the repairs. The problem is that the dealers are telling the customers to wait for the official letter which Ford Motor Co is not sending out. (see how dealerships are guilty by association….)

The clock started December 16, 2005.

There’s a potential loss of 450 Million dollars for Ford if all concerned owners of Ford vehicle affected by the Cracking intake manifold get their claim in as soon as possible.

:blink: :blink: :o :o :angry: :unsure:

Day late, a Canadian dollar short.

LINK

Did you read?

The problem is not the news itself..... Read this again: The problem is that the dealers are telling the customers to wait for the official letter which Ford Motor Co is not sending out. They are expecting that all affected customers will get their claim in too late....

Don't call us..... We'll call you...... when it will be too late......

Don't you see a scam there?

Did you read?

The problem is not the news itself..... Read this again: The problem is that the dealers are telling the customers to wait for the official letter which Ford Motor Co is not sending out. They are expecting that all affected customers will get their claim in too late....

Don't call us..... We'll call you...... when it will be too late......

Don't you see a scam there?

FWIW, two different dealers tried to pull that BS on my grandfather. A call to Ford Customer Service and a visit to dealership 3 solved the problem, and the refund is being processed. The points are:

1) $735 is alot of coin. Nobody is going to take "no" for an answer, unless they're a member of the mind trust like yourself.

2) This is one of the most publicized recall/settlements I can remember since the Firestone ordeal. You'd have to reside under a shady rock to NOT know about the $735.

-5 points for failure to make a point, Lemon. I'll give you a c- for effort though.

Ford free engine repairs not extended to Canada, says Lemon-Aid author

Toronto, Ontario – While 1.8 million Ford owners in the U.S. will receive free engine intake manifold repairs announced December 16, the offer will not be extended to Canadian owners, says Phil Edmonston, consumer advocate and author of Lemon-Aid Car Guide.

"Ford USA will pay about $100 million US to American owners who will get $735 US each and a seven-year retroactive warranty with unlimited mileage in their Christmas stocking," Edmonston says. "Canadians get a lump of coal."

For over a decade, Lemon-Aid has chided Ford for stonewalling engine intake manifold complaints and hiding the existence of a "secret warranty" slush fund. Edmonston wants the Canadian automaker to give Canadians an equal amount of compensation and to extend the reimbursement period until December 31, 2006.

Vehicles affected in the American settlement use the 4.6-litre V8 engine and include 1996-2001 Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Car; 1997 Mercury Cougar, Ford Thunderbird and Ford Mustang; some Mustangs from 1998 to 2001; and some Ford Explorers from 2002.

See...... We were right....

Look at one of the email we received.,.......

"Hello,

I, unfortunately, had TWO Lincoln town cars that had the manifold burst and fall under the class action lawsuit settlement. The first repair cost $1200 and the second cost $800 plus a $600 towing fee (broke down in Indianapolis and had to be towed to Alabama where I live)....

I went to the Ford Dealership that did the repairs to my cars this morning and they gave me the run-around that I had to send the invoices to Ford Motor Company and Ford would approve the reimbursement and Ford would send the payment to me. That is bullshit and the settlement specifically states that the dealership would write a check directly to me. The settlement states that I should NOT send the invoices to Ford Motor Company. I will continue the battle tomorrow (Wednesday). I will explain to the dealership that they may call me a satisfied customer, or they could call me Plaintiff....it's their choice."

SEE? Now.... who can explain that? :angry:

I was told that I would get a check in the mail in 3 to 4 weeks. They sure didn't have any problem charging my credit card immediately when the repairs were done. It would be nice if they would pay it back immediately too. I guess they need to draw it out as long as possible to collect more interest on my money.

The dealership I went to did not give me any problems with what needed to be done. They had the paperwork ready for me to sign once I gave them a receipt once the settlement was made final. Before that they acted like I was crazy and the lawsuit was just a ranting junk mail sent across the country.

However, I am worried about it since they wanted the original receipt instead of the copy I had made, and I have no way of knowing if they really sent it in or not. As far as I know they could have collected my paperwork and dropped it in the dumpster as soon as I left.

The United States District Court has determined that the Settlement is fair, adequate and reasonable, and entered a final order approving the Settlement. After an appeal period, the Settlement became final on December 16, 2005.

* If you paid to replace the intake manifold on your Class Vehicle and your vehicle was initially sold less than seven years ago:

Under the terms of the Settlement, you have 90 days from December 16, 2005 to request reimbursement. If you paid to replace the intake manifold on your Class Vehicle, to obtain reimbursement, you must bring an original receipt for the repair or a photocopy or duplicate thereof to a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury dealer. You must bring your receipt to the dealer no later than March 16, 2006. Requests for reimbursement submitted after March 16, 2006 will not be accepted.

* If you paid to replace your intake manifold, but you do not have your original receipt and your vehicle was initially sold less than seven years ago:

If you paid to replace your intake manifold, but you do not have your original receipt and your vehicle was sold less than seven years ago, you may take your vehicle to a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury dealer for inspection. You must bring the Notice of Proposed Settlement to the dealer no later than March 16, 2006, signed under the penalty of perjury, stating that you paid to replace an intake manifold that had cracked at the coolant crossover passage, resulting in a coolant leak. The dealer will also inspect your vehicle to confirm that the original manifold was replaced. In that event, you will be entitled to receive reimbursement of a pre-set amount for the estimated costs of replacing your manifold.

If you do not have the Notice of Proposed Settlement, you can download a copy from this website. [Click Here]

Reimbursement Request Deadline:

90 days from December 16, 2005.

CONTACT INFORMATION

* Toll-free automated telephone line:

1-888-826-3047

* Addresses of Plaintiffs' Counsel:

Michael Ram, Esq.

Levy, Ram & Olson LLP

639 Front Street, Fourth Floor

San Francisco, CA 94111-1913

Richard T. Dorman, Esq.

Cunningham, Bounds, Yance, Crowder & Brown LLC

Post Office Box 66705

Mobile, AL 36660

* Do not contact Ford Motor Company or its Counsel

* Do not call or write the court for information about the terms of the proposed settlement

Umm...almost every new engine on the market uses some sort of composite intake manifold. Thought you should know. :P

Well, there's plastic, and then there's plastic. I'll admit that I haven't studied the specifics of this case - but I will make an observation: Just because everybody's doing it doesn't make it right. 30 years ago the "plastic" (Nylon) timing chain gears on the 350 in my 1970 Pontiac Lemans crapped out and left me dead on the road at 65,000mi. "That's all the longer they're supposed to last." (Dealer explanation). Upshot; I am highly unlikely to ever buy another GM. And as you can see, GM is now reaping what they sewed so long ago, as I so clearly wasn't the only one. If you want repeat customers, it's better to spent the extra couple nickels to make something that doesn't crap out. We've had what, about 100 years to figure out how to make an intake manifold that doesn't disintegrate?

Well, there's plastic, and then there's plastic. I'll admit that I haven't studied the specifics of this case - but I will make an observation: Just because everybody's doing it doesn't make it right. 30 years ago the "plastic" (Nylon) timing chain gears on the 350 in my 1970 Pontiac Lemans crapped out and left me dead on the road at 65,000mi. "That's all the longer they're supposed to last." (Dealer explanation). Upshot; I am highly unlikely to ever buy another GM. And as you can see, GM is now reaping what they sewed so long ago, as I so clearly wasn't the only one. If you want repeat customers, it's better to spent the extra couple nickels to make something that doesn't crap out. We've had what, about 100 years to figure out how to make an intake manifold that doesn't disintegrate?

Most of the Ford V8s' are using plastic manifolds and have been for a long time.

They work fine and don't disintegrate if properly designed.

Most of the Ford V8s' are using plastic manifolds and have been for a long time.

They work fine and don't disintegrate if properly designed.

I'm with Niteflight on this one.

Skip the fancy composites, plastics, styrofoams, paper mache's, whatEVER you want to call it, and make the the thing that sits directly on top of a broiling hot engine out of friggin' METAL!

The few ounces and $$$ possibly saved cannot be worth the kind of aggravation that this case has caused.

And as an owner who expects 10 years and 100k+ relatively problem free miles out of his cars (with proper maintenance), a "composite" manifold just SMELLS like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off somewhere in those later years of ownership. Esp. if the design incorporates coolant passages in it as this one did.

-Ovaltine

IMPORTANT INFO

Here’s some information that we received from a concerned citizen. It seems that Ford Motor Company Agreed to a Court approved settlement regarding :blink: Cracking Intake Manifolds.

It looks like Ford won’t have to pay if people don’t know about it…… (see how crooked they are….)

There is a 90 days time frame to go to a dealer and get a refund for the repairs. The problem is that the dealers are telling the customers to wait for the official letter which Ford Motor Co is not sending out. (see how dealerships are guilty by association….)

The clock started December 16, 2005.

There’s a potential loss of 450 Million dollars for Ford if all concerned owners of Ford vehicle affected by the Cracking intake manifold get their claim in as soon as possible.

:blink: :blink: :o :o :angry: :unsure:

My wife has already made her claim at the local dealer for her 96 town car.They stated it would take 6-8weeks for payment longer if you don`t have a receipt for the repair.