Wizard what about KCAP

Here at KCAP they are telling the St Louis transferees that they should be safe for at least 15 more years. Then the Union passed out a flyer yesterday that said that the 2009 F-150 hadn't been funded for KCAP and the Company wanted cost concessions before they would consider it. Ford is transferring in salaried from all over the place. We have new salaried personnel all over the place. Foreman are quitting or getting fired weekly. I still can't figure why they cut another job on the line and add 3 or 4 salaried people to justify the stupidity. I have never witnessed such a poorly managed misguided mess in my life!!!!

Memo to Management:

It is the Quality STUPID!!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents

Where are all of these foreman quitting and getting fired from? All I see is a bunch of bean counters walking around. They are kinda like rabbits multiplying by the day. The best thing about it is none of them know the floor from the roof! But anyways just wandering where your losing foreman cause we havent lost one in suv body!

We lost a foreman in Truck Trim last week. Some of the foreman need some severe training I cannot believe how some of them even hold a position. But who knows how many of them will be around if they cut more salary personal in the way forward. I have worked for 2 other companies in the Kansas City area that are Fortune 100 companies and they would not last long the way they manage. Lets hope that KCAP will be one of the plants that survives the next round of cuts. You just do not know who is on the block for the next bad news. I hate to see any plant get the axe, we need the media to tone it down a little and that would help us with the consumers.

We lost a foreman in Truck Trim last week. Some of the foreman need some severe training I cannot believe how some of them even hold a position. But who knows how many of them will be around if they cut more salary personal in the way forward. I have worked for 2 other companies in the Kansas City area that are Fortune 100 companies and they would not last long the way they manage. Lets hope that KCAP will be one of the plants that survives the next round of cuts. You just do not know who is on the block for the next bad news. I hate to see any plant get the axe, we need the media to tone it down a little and that would help us with the consumers.

There's too much politics in salary. Ford needs to adopt the no family rule. How many of these supers, ME's, plant managers, etc... get their jobs simply because of who they are related to or know, or their race or sex. There are so many levels of incompetence in salary and each one of them creates more trouble because they are all trying to justify their jobs.

What more do yo want? You already know your plant is safe and getting more work. :shrug:

never comment on ...

Code words for projects or the projects themselves, financial statements, or strategic plans. That would hurt the company and help a competitor. I only talk about things that affect you.

Not trying to be a jerk just something’s are best left having been neither confirmed or denied.

question though why are they stopping Atlanta transfers to KCAP ? what's up with that ?

question though why are they stopping Atlanta transfers to KCAP ? what's up with that ?

Rumor has it the Detroit has told our Local Mgmt and Union that we must cut costs of $60 M before they will fund the '09. They also want us to drop around 275 off of our head count. My guess is that is why. :finger:

Thank you for the reassurance, our plant (like all, I'm sure) is in CHAOS about the future. :extinguish:

Rumor has it the Detroit has told our Local Mgmt and Union that we must cut costs of $60 M before they will fund the '09. They also want us to drop around 275 off of our head count. My guess is that is why. :finger:

Thank you for the reassurance, our plant (like all, I'm sure) is in CHAOS about the future. :extinguish:

ford told ktp the same thing regarding the cutting $60 m. to do so we went from 3 crew (4 - 10s) to 3 shifts (5 - 8s).

Where will the Econoline be built after OAP closes (BON Link)? Will it be KCAP?

I'm thinking the new product the Wizard is talking about is the hydraulic hybrid F-150 which if put in KC would pretty much guarantee the plant would be around (along with the escape hybrid) until the next changeover(Summer of 08).

I'm thinking the new product the Wizard is talking about is the hydraulic hybrid F-150 which if put in KC would pretty much guarantee the plant would be around (along with the escape hybrid) until the next changeover(Summer of 08).
Edited by MillRight