Teamster's say they will support us if we strike

Downtime1

Teamster boss announced at the labor Day parade that if the UAW strikes they will support us and won't ship any of the cars. With their backing It's time we as a union stand up and strike if we don't get what we want. I don't think the membership is strong enough to strike but the time is now.

Seems like enough people might be angry enough to strike, but talk is cheap.

https://m.facebook.com/autoworkercaravan?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fautoworkercaravan

Personally I'd agree to the current contract if the ceo and each department heads and their minions got reduced to entry level wages hahahaha!

Edited by caustic

Impossible to be unemployed with the union around...

Yeah you must be a new hire. Wait till after the presidential election. The auto industry is cyclical it will happen and you better hope your not laid-off longer than you have worked for Ford. Because by the time it's your turn to come back there will be another batch of preferential uaw placements that will get hired before you get called back.

Thank you Teamsters, even though the UAW didn't stand behind them 5 or so years ago, I am sure the fact that there has not been a national Ford UAW strike since UAW has no baring on this announcement. It's easy to stand behind a group when you know they will not strike, I am happy that the strike vote was passed overwhelmingly however considering how well the UAW and Ford Departments relationship is, I do not believe that a strike would be called.

Thank you Teamsters, even though the UAW didn't stand behind them 5 or so years ago, I am sure the fact that there has not been a national Ford UAW strike since UAW has no baring on this announcement. It's easy to stand behind a group when you know they will not strike, I am happy that the strike vote was passed overwhelmingly however considering how well the UAW and Ford Departments relationship is, I do not believe that a strike would be called.

I feel the same way because history has proven that when they striked we didn't support them. Them supporting us now almost seems like a back door deal has already been made where they know that were not going to strike. I don't think the IUAW is going to allow it, I can see them signing an extension to this current contract, which shouldn't be allowed without a vote. Seems strange that no lead company has been announced, not good.

Yeah you must be a new hire. Wait till after the presidential election. The auto industry is cyclical it will happen and you better hope your not laid-off longer than you have worked for Ford. Because by the time it's your turn to come back there will be another batch of preferential uaw placements that will get hired before you get called back.

No call back by seniority?

Teamster boss announced at the labor Day parade that if the UAW strikes they will support us and won't ship any of the cars. With their backing It's time we as a union stand up and strike if we don't get what we want. I don't think the membership is strong enough to strike but the time is now.

REALLY ? i mean since the uaw didnt support them, yeah ok.....

can everyone stop the strike BULLSHIT! cause it wont happen

Because IUAW doesn't have the balls to authorize one. Happy they went ahead and raised our dues to increase our strike fund

obviously you have a very short memory

http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/24/news/companies/gm_uaw_strikedeadline/

in 2007 was a short strike, so them having no 'balls' aint true, try again. maybe u were referring to yourself ?

obviously you have a very short memory

http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/24/news/companies/gm_uaw_strikedeadline/

in 2007 was a short strike, so them having no 'balls' aint true, try again. maybe u were referring to yourself ?

Listen to what they have been saying lately.. And you just said there wouldn't be a strike. Unless tier 1 gets a raise and tier 2 is brought up to tier 1 STRIKE!# Edited by Downtime1

Listen to what they have been saying lately.. And you just said there wouldn't be a strike. Unless tier 1 gets a raise and tier 2 is brought up to tier 1 STRIKE!#

boy its like talking to a wall.....um no strike and we all get a raise, healthcare takes a dive, as usual!

anyhow, maybe get a dictionary to improve your thought process, it really isnt much better then a caveman.

These mother fuckers need A STRIKE!Everything that was gained has been given back by our present union gave away and it aint coming back without A STRIKE.Now the corporate union UAW must fleece the company for mo $$$$ by taking over everyones health care because there aint gonna be no strike and some members in Michigan will start leaving the union!You got a job because of one thing-----FORD needs your loyalty,effort and labor to run its business.The union aint ever gonna cut you a paycheck!

Edited by Fatso