2016 F-150

Toby C

I ordered a 2016 F-150 several weeks ago. I have an order number from the dealer but no VIN yet. Does anybody know when production is going to start on the 2016's? Does the order number mean anything?

Check out this thread, post number 3.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/59001-2016-timeline-and-changes/&do=findComment&comment=950920

Scheduling for the 2016 model year started about a week ago. Your order number on your DORA only means something for that dealer. With the order number and dealer code your salesperson will be able to look your vehicle up to see if it has a VIN yet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the input everyone. Here is am update of my story: I ordered my truck 8/19 thinking I may get lucky and have it for a trip in the end of October. I was thinking Thanksgiving was more realistic but now I am wondering if Christmas is even possible. I'm giving it a couple more weeks and then I am headed to the used car lot. This is ridiculous. I can order an absurd color combination of tennis shoes and track them from build all the way to my front door but I am totally in the dark about a truck that my company is making in my own backyard! I have tried cotus and dealer inventory searches but there don't appear to be any Lariat Sports out there. It's just a painted bumper, right. Don't we already use them on other models? Am I expected to wait until the 4th of July to get my truck just because I don't want wood grain (brown) on the inside of my doors on an all black interior? Don't even get me started on the chrome mirror caps on my blacked out truck. This isn't all Ford's fault though. If Microsoft SYNC wasn't such a turd I would have bought a 2015. Ok, rant over. If anybody has an inside scoop I'd appreciate some feedback. My order number is 4990 at dealer 48C044. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks again for the help. I am not sure where it is being built. I was hoping it would be built in Dearborn so I could watch it being built on the factory tour. Where are you getting your information from woodhaven44 @ Woodhaven Stamping (I've been there before)? Cotus keeps saying "No matching vehicle found".

Now we are getting somewhere. I can finally see something that shows my order was at least entered. Thanks for all the info. Does anyone have any ideas how long the hold on Lariat Sports will be? Yes, woodhaven44, it is me. Again, thanks for the input everyone.