Off Road Version of the Expedition.

jimp

I own a 96 Bronco and a 2014 Expedition. I have given up on the new Ford Bronco (I know next year). So how about a "off road" version of the Expedition. Chop 2 or 3 feet of the length and lift it 4". I like my Bronco but it is lacking compaired to the new cars. I know it will never be a true off road vehicle (that why I own my Wranger) but ford needs "car" that has some ground clearance and is not 100 feet long. (I love you Explorer ad, wait until someone takes it out west and gets in a flash flood and files a law suit because it can overcome mother nature. I have rented one and it is use less as an "off road" car, could not even get it up the back side of Monarch Pass because of lack of clearance, so it does not fill the need).

That would look like a Bronco, but the wheelbase would still be to long. I can almost turn with my TJ in the huge 96 Bronco but my Expedition and 250 need a lot more room to turn. Just wishing for a Bronco type Ford, I know not likely to happen, so the 96 is scheduled to be rebuilt next year with newer F150 parts.

Then do a supercab short box. The point is a F150 would make a much better off road bronco than an Expedition as a starting point.

Yes it would, but a shorted F150 with enclosed body is a Bronco. I know they only make what they feel they can make money producing and I guess it's not going to happen, to many different wants from customers. I would like a full size Bronco, a lot of people want a basic smaller version, can't make everbody happy and still make money.