Why no info. from 919????

Bigcountry

I just can't believe that our Local Union leaders are "Sworn To Secrecy"....That makes no sense whatsoever............I'm counting on the details of the meeting ASAP and I'm sure many more of you are also. I think we will hear what took place.......If not, what good was holding the meeting?......

I agree with you, how can "our" brothers and sisters be sworn to secrecy? BY THE COMPANY?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot off the press...........6 weeks of production in the 4th quarter will split between days and nights, when we come back from X-mas vacation in Jan., one shift nightshift gone, plant will be shutdown in May 2007! Confirmed! Heard nothing about buyouts though.

I would love to know where you get this confirmation from. If it was confirmed we should have gotten some kind of hand out, or at least news from the supervisors.

The UAW leaders would be gloating if it was good news. The members better be prepared for bad news and the UAW is scare to tell you.

That article does mention that they will meet again in 2 weeks at the same time

the FOMOCO Board of Directors is meeting for the final approvals.

Also after the sales numbers come out for August.

On the surface it appears that there might be some sort of coordination between

Ford and the UAW so as to appear as working together to solve the cost side of the company's

problems....it kind of makes sense from that context if you think about it.

The UAW is already on the record saying they are open and willing

to step up and try to work with the company as a partner not as an opponet.

That might be a good thing in the face of all the foreign competition opening

more and more plants here in the USA.

Lets face the facts, business as usual is dead and Ford will be a smaller, leaner company

but in the long run it will be healthier financially.

I would think that we should know the full story and all the details in 2 weeks

unless someone leaks the plan to the press.

That article does mention that they will meet again in 2 weeks at the same time

the FOMOCO Board of Directors is meeting for the final approvals.

Also after the sales numbers come out for August.

On the surface it appears that there might be some sort of coordination between

Ford and the UAW so as to appear as working together to solve the cost side of the company's

problems....it kind of makes sense from that context if you think about it.

The UAW is already on the record saying they are open and willing

to step up and try to work with the company as a partner not as an opponet.

That might be a good thing in the face of all the foreign competition opening

more and more plants here in the USA.

Lets face the facts, business as usual is dead and Ford will be a smaller, leaner company

but in the long run it will be healthier financially.

I would think that we should know the full story and all the details in 2 weeks

unless someone leaks the plan to the press.

Hell if, someone did leak it to the press ...it would be wrong....they (press) always try's to reword things when they have no clue what they are talking about....if they we to just film the news ....they might maybe get it right

Hot off the press...........6 weeks of production in the 4th quarter will split between days and nights, when we come back from X-mas vacation in Jan., one shift nightshift gone, plant will be shutdown in May 2007! Confirmed! Heard nothing about buyouts though.

Gee, isn't that interesting. Isn't that the same information (approximately) that the_wizard provided about 3 weeks ago? Go to one shift ASAP and close in the 2nd quarter of '07. It's still pretty rough in the plant people are CONVINCED that next Friday is it. I would be interested though 'Biggy' where did you get your NEW information?

Thanks and have a nice day.

BTW -- What happened to Mr. No Buyouts for NAP "TANK"

Edited by Tags

It's my understanding that National Ford wanted this meeting because the company is obviously moving towards COAs (Competitive Operating Agreements). National Ford is aware of this and Bob King said that if that was the direction that the company was going in that it would be done system wide and not piecemeal. These COAs supposedly will be negotiated at the National level so that everyone is on the same page with these agreements (as it can allow for great variances and then be "open to interpretation). This also levels the playing field somewhat and disallows whipsawing of plants. If everyone is going to have the same type of COA, then the company cannot play one plant against the other. Watch for them to present this for a national vote in September which will more than likely pass by at least 51% even though there will probably be very little, if any, information provided to the rank and file. Remember last year when they came back from a National Ford conference and informed individual membership's that they had authorized the International to re-open the agreement if necessary. This was when they provided us with the vote on the health care issues. This information has not been confirmed but rather gleaned from different conversations from different sources. It is only what I believe was the gist of what was said yesterday. No, I don't work at NAP.

Gee, isn't that interesting. Isn't that the same information (approximately) that the_wizard provided about 3 weeks ago? Go to one shift ASAP and close in the 2nd quarter of '07. It's still pretty rough in the plant people are CONVINCED that next Friday is it. I would be interested though 'Biggy' where did you get your NEW information?

I'm still here, maintain my no buyouts at NAP. NAP will continue to stay open with multiple down weeks & 1 shift production. FORD has determined it will be cheaper to pay everyone sub until the end of contract.

you ain't gonna hear anything about buyouts either for NAP. FORD will gladly pay sub till contract ends.

Yes, it is what the wizard said but I just was letting you know that May was the cut off! Also I came in this morning and talked to a person I know in skilled trades and he showed me a form that your boss man signs and you get to carry your "PERSONAL" tools/tool boxes home right out the gate! Weird!

Yes, it is what the wizard said but I just was letting you know that May was the cut off! Also I came in this morning and talked to a person I know in skilled trades and he showed me a form that your boss man signs and you get to carry your "PERSONAL" tools/tool boxes home right out the gate! Weird!

Also salary is going around verifing everyone's address and phone number.

NO - This what our chairman purposed but the plant manager said no. He proposed 2 logical ways to work the down weeks but both were turned down, so he told them if they didn't want to go for that then he would make them abide by the contract which was on his newsletter (which he knew they couldn't get to work anyway).

Is there an update on the inverse layoff?

If you got the plant managers letter in august this letter said the same thing.

Must have been off that day too cause if I knew the answer I wouldn't be asking.

If you got the plant managers letter in august this letter said the same thing.

Must have been off that day too cause if I knew the answer I wouldn't be asking.

And your obviously not a work again tonight. So what gives? You do know that those on medical will not be entitled to buyouts.

Btw - How's your Volkswagen? 'a bad GTi' That's no Ford product that I know of.

Medical?? You wish I come to work everyday I'm not off. Actually I drive a GTO...I accidentally hit I instead of O and I cant figure out how to change it.

Edited by abadgti