where will the ranger be built

lownrangr

• 2 weeks later...

Ford said it would announce plans for the next Ranger closer to the plants closing. The Asian Ranger is out of the question for the North American market and the Ranger has seen a massive decline in sales over the past few years so importing the same Ranger is out of the question. Ford may have plans for an all new Ranger...or they may have no plan at all to directly suceed the Ranger. In either case, we are probably looking at a long delay between plant closing and any sort of sub-F-150 successor.

...and the Ranger has seen a massive decline in sales over the past few years...

All because it hasn't changed at all in ten years, and not significantly since its introduction. Every other compact truck has been updated (not all for the better, i.e. Colorado/Canyon), but newer designs always draw more attention. At this point it seems to me to be a risky move no matter which way they go - they can't keep building the same truck, but with the current troubles, can they really afford to design an all-new one, or get out of the class altogether?

OTOH, with people moving away from full-size trucks, perhaps it would be wise to come out with a Tacoma killer...

I can see a new body and perhaps some suspension refinement, but that's it. My last tankful in my 2002 2.3 DOHC/5spd manual standard cab XL netted me over 28.5MPG in mixed driving. I can haul 1500Lbs of anything I need in the back and when not loaded, get economy car mileage.

Don't mess with my truck, Ford, you are the only "economy" truck left in the market.

well we had body area manager tell us last layoff they rana ranger through body last layoff here at STAP

nothing more to tell but who knows ????

They didn't run a Ranger through the body shop,

but some engineers in Detroit did go through body shop measuring everything to see what changes we would need to do to put the town car through.

There should be no problem in paint either,

the new ecoat we got a few years back was designed with the flexibility to do the ranger.

• 1 month later...