2019 Ram Front and Rear Designs Revealed

rmc523

I find it amusing how the Tundra and now this Ram have copied the same design element from the F150. That bottom uptick element on the tailgate.

2016-Ford-F-150-Limited-rear-end.jpg

2014-Toyota-Tundra-1794-Edition-rear-end

You do realize the picture of the Toyota tailgate you posted is from the 2013 Chicago auto show? When the F-150 tailgate looked like this:

QAA-Ford-F-Series-Polished-SS-Tailgate-I

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/toyota/tundra/2014/2014-toyota-tundra-first-look/

But the F-150 concept came out in January 2013...

Ford-Atlas-Concept-rear-three-quarter-3.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-atlas-concept/

Of course! Toyota must have seen

You do realize wrote that Ford's tailgate looked like the 2009 F-150 at the Chicago Auto Show and implied that Ford was copying or following Toyota. You failed to mention that Ford had their concept tailgate out first in January '13 at NAIAS and it was also at the Chicago Auto Show. All I alm saying is why bring up the 2009 when the new F-150 concept was out?

It is possible Toyota copied Ford's tailgate but that wasn't my point. Ford went first in 2013 and Toyota did blatantly copy some of Ford's design elements.

You do realize wrote that Ford's tailgate looked like the 2009 F-150 at the Chicago Auto Show and implied that Ford was copying or following Toyota. You failed to mention that Ford had their concept tailgate out first in January '13 at NAIAS and it was also at the Chicago Auto Show. All I alm saying is why bring up the 2009 when the new F-150 concept was out?

It is possible Toyota copied Ford's tailgate but that wasn't my point. Ford went first in 2013 and Toyota did blatantly copy some of Ford's design elements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBgAwstvqAs

I never said or implied anyone copied anyone. Antaus did in his original post and you did in your last post.

I was merely showing him how impossible his theory was based on the release date of Toyota's truck at the 2013 auto show vs the tailgate that was on 2013 F-150 trucks at that time.

You than indicated Ford had a concept vehicle out less than 3 weeks prior to the release of Toyota's production vehicle. Which I than pointed out how absurd the thought of copying anything in that short of a time frame was.

I have no theories on who copied who because I don't think anyone copied anyone.

Disagreeing with you (or Antaus) does not insinuate that Ford copied Toyota or vice versa. It only insinuates I disagree with you.

Edited by Anthony
Dialed down the snark :-)