Ford Oakville Employee Forums

Blue Oval Staff

Since there has been a lot of requests for information concerning the Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX, we created a new site: FordEdgeForum.com.

We also created a section just for Edge/MKX employees, here.

The Ford community is looking forward to the launch of both the Edge and MKX and are certain that they will be successful.

Since there has been a lot of requests for information concerning the Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX, we created a new site: FordEdgeForum.com.

We also created a section just for Edge/MKX employees, here.

The Ford community is looking forward to the launch of both the Edge and MKX and are certain that they will be successful.

I hope so. I worked here for 32 years. I drove Fords all that time, and even before. Build a quality, stylish product, and it will sell. You have to study the demographics. What do people who have the money to buy a new vehicle, (or their spouses) want? I know that Ford is way ahead of me on this. Ford knows the car business better than any other car company on the planet. The Edge, and MKX are winners.

Edited by Trimdingman

well imo you have 32 years you should be going 30 and out

lets not screw the young guys out of a job ................i'm 48 and 30 years service i'm going in march no matter what

think about it what will you be working for ???? $4 an hour ?????

i made $80,000 last year with o/t and i will gladly give that up

just my opinion ..............but think of others

lets not screw the young guys out of a job ................i'm 48 and 30 years service i'm going in march no matter what

I do. That is why I am not going to burden them with paying taxes to support me while I sit at home on my lazy ass. I am going to keep on working as long as I am able; hopefully, until I die.

Edited by Trimdingman

you sound like someone who understands "brotherhood"

I do. That is why I am not going to burden them with paying taxes to support me while I sit at home on my lazy ass. I am going to keep on working as long as I am able; hopefully, until I die.

I think you missed his point.He didn't tell you to retire from working,just Ford.Our brothers and sisters fought hard to get the pension we have and you aren't gonna take advantage of it?You can retire from Ford and go work at MacDonalds and make more money than you are right now.

i did not say quit working i meant let the young guys have it now

we can make upto $28,000 a year plus our pension you will make more than you are now

at 48 i am to young to stop working ..........but why stay at our plants when the union got us this great benifit

think about it why are you staying ? we both know its a shit place to work go do something you enjoy

i did not say quit working i meant let the young guys have it now

we can make upto $28,000 a year plus our pension you will make more than you are now

at 48 i am to young to stop working ..........but why stay at our plants when the union got us this great benifit

think about it why are you staying ? we both know its a shit place to work go do something you enjoy

You may not believe it, but I enjoy working for Ford. I feel like family.

If you believe that it is a "shit place to work", then maybe YOU should leave. Personally, it is the best job that I ever had, and I have had many. I am eternally grateful to them for hiring me, and I hope that the physical and mental skills that I learned working on the line helped them as much as they helped me. If you are on a hellish job, you have to figure out a way to make it easier, or figure out a way to get off it. That taxes and improves your mental skills. Your physical skills will improve by just doing the job. Win-win.

Edited by Trimdingman

Just wait and see. Ford will come out on top. I am not taking the package, because I believe that I will make more money by sticking with Ford.

When you say "package" I guessing you are referring to your retirement package.

Cause from what I have read. the buyout that is extended to our UAW counterparts in

tha States will NOT be offered here! Just wondering :shrug:

When you say "package" I guessing you are referring to your retirement package.

Cause from what I have read. the buyout that is extended to our UAW counterparts in

tha States will NOT be offered here! Just wondering :shrug:

I don't really care, because I would not take it anyway. I intend to work for Ford until I am 90.

as someone who had 5 years and is now on layoff am dissapointed to hear someone say im going to work there till im 90 well thats selfish in my opinion i mean you had your share had a good 30 plus years making good money you will still make good money with your pension yet you want to saty there till your 90 can i ask what services you think you can offer ford at 70 80 or 90 that someone young couldnt offer?

TrimandDing, are you just being a troll ??? If not then your are a sad sad case. To think your life is such that working here until you are 90 is even a consideration is pathetic. Get out and find s friggin hobby or if you need to feel useful go work at a food bank or join the Jimmy Carter house building thingy. Sheesh does your significant other find you such a oain in the ass they simply could not stand you hanging around 24-7 ? Have you lived so long and not found a hobby, interest, friends to occupy your time ?

Get a life and get out before you are 67 for goodness sake.

well i have a great job .......with 30 years what do you expect i have moved up to one of the best jobs in the plant

why do you stay ?????

the young guys need our jobs we had our time lets move on

as for a shit place to work you know what i mean you love doing shift work driving in a snow storm to get to or from work ...dealing with some of the morons in management

again all joking aside why do you stay ????

Drinking again????

Sell the computer and move on.........

Why don't you say something sensible, or deeply logical; something that I can get my teeth into? That is because you can't. You just sit on the sidelines, and take cheap shots. That is all that you are capable of.(Some union rep. If I have a drinking problem, aren't you supposed to try and help me? Forget it. You need help more than me.) Do you know anything that is not dictated to you by Buzz? I have second thoughts, and delete some shit. It is too controversial to let stand on the internet. You have to read it fast. You don't say anything. You never stick your neck out. Do you stand up for your people when they have grievances, or chicken out when the company tells you to? Show me and those whom you supposedly represent who you really are. TAKE ME ON.

Charly, we could be friends, but since you have a need to humiliate me to all of my fellow workers, I have no choice than to do the same to you. Give me something. I can't wait.

Edited by Trimdingman

You may not believe it, but I enjoy working for Ford. I feel like family.

If you believe that it is a "shit place to work", then maybe YOU should leave. Personally, it is the best job that I ever had, and I have had many. I am eternally grateful to them for hiring me, and I hope that the physical and mental skills that I learned working on the line helped them as much as they helped me. If you are on a hellish job, you have to figure out a way to make it easier, or figure out a way to get off it. That taxes and improves your mental skills. Your physical skills will improve by just doing the job. Win-win.

its great to see you have no life or other interests besides ford, the company loves a ignorant employee like you, who would work as long as they can and as a result draw very little from there pension because eventually you will pass away

its great to see you have no life or other interests besides ford, the company loves a ignorant employee like you, who would work as long as they can and as a result draw very little from there pension because eventually you will pass away

It is really great to hear from someone who has such respect for his elders.

Your parents were probably as ignorant as you are, and they taught you to be as ignorant as they are. How many generations of spoiled rotten do you come from?