Jump to content
  • Custom Search


TOYOTAGUYS

Hello from the Seattle area!

Recommended Posts

Picked up this 2017 Fusion SE 1.5 EcoBoost with the Luxury Package a couple weeks! Only had 17,8xx when we picked it up, and I recently washed, and waxed it. 

20190723_173734(2)-01.jpeg

Edited by TOYOTAGUYS
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, twintornados said:

Welcome...interesting screen name. ;)

Even though I have a ford I'm still a diehard toyota guy! (Ford is my second brand choice). I gotta carry over my username from the toyota forums that I am still active on haha 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TOYOTAGUYS said:

Even though I have a ford I'm still a diehard toyota guy! (Ford is my second brand choice). I gotta carry over my username from the toyota forums that I am still active on haha 🤣

Welcome nonetheless!  I’m glad you picked a Ford this time though😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a sharp looking color. Nice job on the wax and congrats on the new ride!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 10:01 PM, 1.6 said:

That is a sharp looking color. Nice job on the wax and congrats on the new ride!

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 8:57 PM, TOYOTAGUYS said:

Picked up this 2017 Fusion SE 1.5 EcoBoost with the Luxury Package a couple weeks! Only had 17,8xx when we picked it up, and I recently washed, and waxed it. 

20190723_173734(2)-01.jpeg

Once you learn the hair conditioner trick (especially nice on that darker shade of gray), you will never wax again, and you will hate yourself for all the time in your life you spent waxing cars...

Congrats on the Ford- welcome home Toyota guy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 8:17 AM, Kev-Mo said:

Once you learn the hair conditioner trick (especially nice on that darker shade of gray), you will never wax again, and you will hate yourself for all the time in your life you spent waxing cars...

Congrats on the Ford- welcome home Toyota guy! 

Sorry for the really late reply, but thanks for the tip. I never knew that was such a thing! Lol

Does hair conditioner offer the same protection/things as wax? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TOYOTAGUYS said:

Sorry for the really late reply, but thanks for the tip. I never knew that was such a thing! Lol

Does hair conditioner offer the same protection/things as wax? 

Method 1. Once your car is clean, put 2 cups of water in a bucket and add about half a cup of hair conditioner. Smooth it over your car with your trusty microfiber cloth. Then lightly rinse it with hose and polish with a dry  microfiber cloth.

Method 2.  After you wash your car and rinse, while it is still wet, squeeze hair conditioner into a damp face size terry cloth.  Wipe the wet surface to a very light haze.  Polish dry with a large soft terry or microfiber cloth.

Best part is you can get it on the glass, chrome and plastic trim with no dust residue or embedded wax.  Just wipe it all to a an amazing finish.,  Then take that facecloth and do your dash and console - anything!  It is amazing. 

Use cheap hair conditioner with lanolin.  The scent is up to you :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×