Next Generation Mazda 6

Ice

Aaaah, I see.

Well, even if the Mazda6 changes, the Fusion is still on the Mazda platform, not the other way around.

Yes and no. The similarities are there, but it was still a thorough re-engineering of the chassis, similar to what Ford did with Volvo's P2 platform to make D3. More evolutionary than revolutionary. Certainly shouldn't hurt the Mazda6, but I hope it doesn't lose its sporting flare. One thing I actually LOVE about the 6 is its current size. It's fun to toss around. I'll have to check out a Fusion to see if those dynamics have carried over.

While some may like its proportions, the mid size market is growing to near 'full size' now. Not really a good thing, but the buyers demand it.

Which is kind of annoying. I don't see the problem with the 6's interior size. I've had 4 adults in it comfortably on several occasions. And I don't care what anyone says about a fullsize sedan, but FIVE adults are NEVER comfortable in one for more than a few miles.