Standard Explorer Below XLT on Ford Build & Price

I noticed this last night while playing around on the Ford & Build pages for the Transit and Transit Connect vans. I decided to check out the Explorer and saw the Base model there. It mentions the Late Winter Availability disclaimer, which we knew since Ford announced a few months ago that the fleet Base would be offered to the general public later. I like how basic features and options are offered for good pricing such as the usual mud flaps, locking lug nuts, etc. but also Trailer Towing Package in both rear drive and all wheel drive. The flat screen tablet and Sync3 is even standard with the Base rather than option. The only limitation is that the Sandstone is offered as only interior color; just like the previous generation Explorer Base. I prefer the darker Ebony color but otherwise the Explorer Base AWD and somewhat fully loaded sounds like a good deal since my configuration comes up just less than $40,000.