I have a 1999 F350 dually 4x4 with 7.3. I am wanting to rebuild. The problem I am having is the build date. It all seems to be around 3/22/99. My door tag only says 3/99. How do I find out if it is before or after that date. VIN 1FTWW33F7XED86542

OASIS returns the following error message:

W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G
YOU ENTERED: 1FTWW33F7XED86542 THIS VIN IS NOT FOUND
VIN FOUND: 1FDWF36L6XED86542
VERIFY VIN ON VEHICLE AND TRY AGAIN
W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G

Edited by WillSD

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 8:34 PM, Fortsnow said:

I have a 1999 F350 dually 4x4 with 7.3. I am wanting to rebuild. The problem I am having is the build date. It all seems to be around 3/22/99. My door tag only says 3/99. How do I find out if it is before or after that date. VIN 1FTWW33F7XED86542

You can try looking for the build sheet, it tells you the exact mechanical part that was placed on your car. According to Ice-capades the dealer usually removes it when the car comes in but not always. I've found them on 1970s vehicles tucked behind the glove box, or under the front passenger seat spring, or under the front passenger carpet. I never looked in my 1992 Explorer or 2001 Expedition.

The build sheet came in handy on my 1972 Lincoln Mark IV made on I think 3/17/72 the day Lincoln made production changes.