Way Forward Announcement. Set for Jan 23.

With FoMoCo's very young leadership "firmly" in control of our fate, and seeking helpful advice from under any rock they can find it, (Not to mention all the sweetheart deals being offered by competing cities and states around North America) and the inevitable whipsawing of local against local, ect... I doubt they'll have anything settled and in stone by the 23rd of Jan. 2006.

Anyway, I'll bet a nickel we'll still be in the dark about most of the Way Forward plan 'til well after the Scheduled day of doom.

With FoMoCo's very young leadership "firmly" in control of our fate, and seeking helpful advice from under any rock they can find it, (Not to mention all the sweetheart deals being offered by competing cities and states around North America) and the inevitable whipsawing of local against local, ect... I doubt they'll have anything settled and in stone by the 23rd of Jan. 2006.

Anyway, I'll bet a nickel we'll still be in the dark about most of the Way Forward plan 'til well after the Scheduled day of doom.

It was originally scheduled for the fall of 2005. Postponing it past Jan 23 would make the company look indecisive and for that reason they will not postpone it again. They can always announce the things that are firmly in place and remark that they continue to look for other "opportunies" - thus leaving the door open for addition measures down the road.

It was originally scheduled for the fall of 2005. Postponing it past Jan 23 would make the company look indecisive and for that reason they will not postpone it again. They can always announce the things that are firmly in place and remark that they continue to look for other "opportunies" - thus leaving the door open for addition measures down the road.

I agree with both of you. Something is going to said 1/23 but once again probably without any real specifics.

While nothing is written in stone, the street is not high on the company's future, and procrastination won't help. Would be very surprised if they didn't make the plant closing announcements on the 23rd. They have all of the "sweetheart deal" information they need and have had plenty of time to crunch the numbers. As far as the rest of the plan goes, who knows? We'll probably be getting bad news-for us-for the rest of the year.

While nothing is written in stone, the street is not high on the company's future, and procrastination won't help. Would be very surprised if they didn't make the plant closing announcements on the 23rd. They have all of the "sweetheart deal" information they need and have had plenty of time to crunch the numbers. As far as the rest of the plan goes, who knows? We'll probably be getting bad news-for us-for the rest of the year.

although i try to remain hopeful of a good outcome, i dont expect it....i do expect a radical realignment plan..huge layoffs etc.......so if it happens... it does....if not we are better off....

although i try to remain hopeful of a good outcome, i dont expect it....i do expect a radical realignment plan..huge layoffs etc.......so if it happens... it does....if not we are better off....

Plant closings will be announced but a effective date of closings will not.

Layoffs will be announced in January and will be effective in March 2006.

I heard they will not name all the plants closing ....but they will list the total number of them closing. As far as being indecisive??? That is exactly Glass Houses MO....

advertise in gay publications or not....close Wixom or not.....to announce the way "backward" or not.....

to spin off parts plants and then to buy them back.....just to name a few... :huh:

I heard they will not name all the plants closing ....but they will list the total number of them closing. As far as being indecisive??? That is exactly Glass Houses MO....

advertise in gay publications or not....close Wixom or not.....to announce the way "backward" or not.....

to spin off parts plants and then to buy them back.....just to name a few... :huh:

Have to disagree. The street wants specific information, not vague generalities. After giving specific locations and dates for closing, then the company will probably offer some "vague generalities" as to future downsizing plans, if the companys' market share doesn't improve. As far as the Visteon fiasco goes, that was probably in the works from day one, they would have had a difficult time getting the international to swallow it at the time. Think about it, Ford announces they're going to sell or close the parts plants, as opposed to the Visteon spin off. The international sees all of those appointed jobs and joint program monies going away, how would they react? Not to mention the possibility of losing additional rank and file membership. As far as closing Wixom goes, please cite any information the company has provided in the past re/ the future status of this plant, beyond the rumors and speculation posted on this board.The advertising decision was strictly a political thing, politicians backpedal all of the time, corporate organizations are political in nature, and understand how the game is played. What probably happened is that someone responsible for making the decision thought that they could kill two birds with one stone, reduce advertising expenditures AND suck up to these right wing yahoos and nobody would notice. Their bad.