Ford/Assembly workers

Milan Chick

I know you guys at the Ford/assembly plants are not looking forward to the flowbacks. Trust us, we aren't either, but inevitably, it's going to happen. So, can you tell us a little about your plant. Like how many shifts are there. What the hours are for the shifts. Is overtime mandatory or optional......when it is available. Any pro's and con's you can think of.

Thanks!

Overtime? :hysterical:

pointlaugh.gif

O.K. I'll play along...

DTP: 3 crews/4-10's no o.t. payed

a crew mon-thurs. 6am-4:30pm

b crew tues-fri. 6pm-4:30am

c crew fri,sat. 6am-4:30pm and sun,mon. 6pm-4:30am

the 3 crews will start sometime next year.

And to answer questions I have been asked before...1)the trucks keep coming down the line until the shift ends and 2) no, you don't get paid 10 if you work less (unless you count short w.w.)

Milan Chick.

How many years do you have in again?

I have 12 years in.

pointlaugh.gif

O.K. I'll play along...

And to answer questions I have been asked before...1)the trucks keep coming down the line until the shift ends and 2) no, you don't get paid 10 if you work less (unless you count short w.w.)

Thanks Derek for posting. Those are some odd hours! Especially your C Crew.

pointlaugh.gif

O.K. I'll play along...

hey derek doesn't your body and paint shops start a half hour before the rest do ?

I know you guys at the Ford/assembly plants are not looking forward to the flowbacks. Trust us, we aren't either, but inevitably, it's going to happen. So, can you tell us a little about your plant. Like how many shifts are there. What the hours are for the shifts. Is overtime mandatory or optional......when it is available. Any pro's and con's you can think of.

Thanks!

So, people at Visteon ACH have finally woke up and seen the light of day. I chose to flowback the first time it was offered. I thought it was a pretty good idea to get out of Visteon before it closed down. I didn't believe in Ford for life, still don't. If you want to work for Ford your going to have to work at an assembly (maybe stamping or engine but likely only assembly) I was told I was crazy for signing up for flowback, I did it anyway. The only bad part about it, is that the plant I choose is now closing, NAP. I may transfer, but only to a couple select locations, which I won't get to pick, so I'll end up taking a buyout.

As I've told other people many times assembly plant work is NOT HARD WORK, it's just ALL DAY period.

Thanks!

hey chick,

at KTP we are on 3 shifts, 8 hrs a day, but we currently have rotational layoff weeks so we are working overtime. shifts are as follows.........

A crew----7am - 3pm

B crew----3pm - 11pm

C crew----11pm - 7am

depending on the shift that is laid off, the previous shift will be working 9 hours. :shrug: the pros of KTP is we have the super duty trucks, :rockon: the cons, we have local 862 representing us. :banghead: a little about our plant, we have to have the absolute worst management in the whole ford system, although i've heard its like that everywhere....i think ours is not as smart as youd expect from people with a college education, so if you have to transfer, good luck

I honestly don't see what the big deal is with 4-10 hours days. Look at the benefits.

1. Less mileage on car 1 less day

2. Therefor less mileage = less gas

3. The best reason a 3 day weekend every week.

Just my opinion.

The "big deal" is that our fellow Uaw Brothers/Sisters many years ago stuck for issues like overtime after 8 hours. And now we are just going to give it away. It's only the beginning.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is with 4-10 hours days. Look at the benefits.

Just my opinion.

For me the 5 / 8 hr days is better on my body ,im not as sore as i was doing 10s...

After the COA is voted in, you can count on working those 4 10's for 40 hours straight time. We are in the same boat at ktp.

Where do you get such information? Especially on a full down week? I have seen absolutely no newsletters, from either the Union or the Company, even suggesting that we are going to be presented with a COA. You are just like those know-it-all’s in the plant, you know, those who claim they know everything that is going on, that it is all a cover-up, that they are well connected. You have no concrete data to back up such a claim, and now, on a nationally viewed board, you are producing this diarrhea from your computer just to boost your ego.

While this may very well happen, stick to posting the FACTS, not speculation. You see what happened when everyone on BON thought LAP was closing.

Where do you get such information? Especially on a full down week? I have seen absolutely no newsletters, from either the Union or the Company, even suggesting that we are going to be presented with a COA. You are just like those know-it-all’s in the plant, you know, those who claim they know everything that is going on, that it is all a cover-up, that they are well connected. You have no concrete data to back up such a claim, and now, on a nationally viewed board, you are producing this diarrhea from your computer just to boost your ego.

While this may very well happen, stick to posting the FACTS, not speculation. You see what happened when everyone on BON thought LAP was closing.

Oh my.... :unsure: :fan: :fan:

Just my opinion.

1. What happens to your friday hollidays?

2. Do you get paid 10 hrs for a holliday?

3. Do you get more vacation and personal time becuse it was based on 8 hrs?

1. What happens to your friday hollidays?

2. Do you get paid 10 hrs for a holliday?

3. Do you get more vacation and personal time becuse it was based on 8 hrs?

1. You don't lose any holidays

2. You get paid 8 like now

3. Same vacation as per the contract.

Company saves quite a bit from only running 4 work days, that is there incentive.

Edited by DSenstad

What happened? crowd.gif

Edited by IPITYDAFOOL VIRUSFREE

So lets say thanksgiving vacation you get paid 38 hrs plus 8 hrs holiday for friday?

10 hours paid for any holiday Monday - Thursday. 8 hours paid for any Friday holiday. (Thanksgiving, Good Friday, etc. ) So Thanksgiving week you would be paid 48 hours.

I know 8 hours is easier on your body, but when I was working the 4-10's in production, those 3-day weekends rejuvenated me much more. A whole extra day away from work was well worth it.

Although, at TCAP, the cost savings apparently weren't enough to keep us open. Unfortunately.