MY 21 Ranger

9 minutes ago, cyberdman said:

In Transit - Passing (Csx Transportation )  Wauhatchi, TN  Oct-11-2021, 10:20 CT.

ETA  Oct-16-2021

You guys ought to advertise your dealer or contact details. I'd love to buy from someone who does this as a goodwill service, can't get my salesman to answer ?

That would be a ridiculous thing to do - besides we aren't a dealer... or didn't you read the forum description?  As in:  "This service is being provided by Ford employees on a voluntary basis."  Just blindly giving out my contact info on the internet -  what could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cyberdman said:

That would be a ridiculous thing to do - besides we aren't a dealer... or didn't you read the forum description?  As in:  "This service is being provided by Ford employees on a voluntary basis."  Just blindly giving out my contact info on the internet -  what could possibly go wrong?

Sorry, I just figured dealership employees like salespersons fell under the umbrella of Ford employees. I don't think it would be unusual for a salesperson to give out their contact details, especially their work details. 

Thanks for the help anyway. 

22 minutes ago, docarter said:

Sorry, I just figured dealership employees like salespersons fell under the umbrella of Ford employees. 

Absolutely not.  Dealerships are independent businesses and dealership employees are not Ford employees.  Common misconception.

• Like 1

Yes dealership employees are employees of that dealership - nothing more.  Dealerships are independent companies who the manufacturers have little to no control over.  That type of relationship causes a lot of problems for manufacturers because the customer doesn't know/care.  They only see the logo on the sign and blame the manufacturer for their problem relationship with their dealership.

48 minutes ago, cyberdman said:

Yes dealership employees are employees of that dealership - nothing more.  Dealerships are independent companies who the manufacturers have little to no control over.  That type of relationship causes a lot of problems for manufacturers because the customer doesn't know/care.  They only see the logo on the sign and blame the manufacturer for their problem relationship with their dealership.

It’s almost criminal that dealers can get away with horrible customer service and there is almost nothing that Ford can do about it thanks to state franchise laws, even though their name is on the sign.

• Like 1