Quiet that 2001 Cobra

Tinkerbell

Been a while since I've been here but could use some help.

My daily driver is a 2001 Cobra Mustang. My home is in a quiet suburban neighborhood and while the car is not obnoxiously loud my 4:45 departure each morning is more noticeable then I'd like it to be.

I seek ideas for ways to quiet my car and I'll spend to get it done well.

Please don't laugh too hard.

I'm building a Factory Five Daytona Coupe replica. I'll use that to stir things up in the hood.

Progress pics here: http://members4.clubphoto.com/brian1070988...859/guest.phtml

Thank you.

Brian

Stock exhaust? If so, the only way your going to leave your neighborhood any quieter is to push it out on to the highway. Or, you might try finding someone with the stock catback from an '03/'04 Cobra. It will be more restrictive than than yours, but it will also be a bit more quiet.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you the guy that got a bunch of us pulled over on the PCH in Malibu a few years ago? I used to have a Black '99 Cobra and we talked a year or so ago at Buttonwillow Raceway.

Yep. Wow, you still remember that. That was funny looking back. The cop was actually pretty cool about it. If I remeber correctly, you're in San Diego, right? Still doing any driving instructing?

Yep. Wow, you still remember that. That was funny looking back. The cop was actually pretty cool about it. If I remeber correctly, you're in San Diego, right? Still doing any driving instructing?

Yeah, I instruct at a few BMW CCA driving schools a year and race in a few BMW CCA club racing events each year. I still live in San Diego. My name is Dennis. It would be fun to get the '99 Cobra group back together for another Topanga Canyon run over to PCH and up to Ventura!

Yeah, I instruct at a few BMW CCA driving schools a year and race in a few BMW CCA club racing events each year. I still live in San Diego. My name is Dennis. It would be fun to get the '99 Cobra group back together for another Topanga Canyon run over to PCH and up to Ventura!

Those runs were a lot of fun. I think I made every trip. It looks like you're packing a few more ponies this time around with a blower car. Nice! I might be going to Buttonwillow one of the days during the SVTOA event the first weekend in November. I just heard about it today. Maybe I'll see you there if I can make it.