Holiday Shutdown and Shipping

fredrickhw

Mine is also sitting at a rail yard about 60 miles from the dealer. It arrived at the rail yard on December 9th, but the VVR didnt update and showed it sitting in Illinois(2500 miles away) until yesterday. 

My ETA was today, dealer says its just waiting on a full truck load for it to come this way.(small rural town)

Edited by mattdm

I got another email update from Ford last night. 

Your new 2022 Super Duty F-250 XLT Crew Cab has shipped and is on its way!

Our current estimate for delivery to Wiscasset Ford, Inc. is between December 21, 2021 and December 27, 2021. Once it arrives, a dealership representative will contact you to arrange final delivery.

Ford is moving vehicles.

Edited by Fred F-250

13 hours ago, mattdm said:

Mine is also sitting at a rail yard about 60 miles from the dealer. It arrived at the rail yard on December 9th, but the VVR didnt update and showed it sitting in Illinois(2500 miles away) until yesterday. 

My ETA was today, dealer says its just waiting on a full truck load for it to come this way.(small rural town)

Hopefully my memory is correct, as I believe I recall you mentioned on another thread that you were also from BC.

Do you mind advising how long it took from leaving Kentucky to arriving at the rail yard.

Assuming your truck is either at Annasis Island or the PoCo/Pitt Meadows rail yard. Personally, I'm hoping for PoCo/Pitt Meadows, as it is only about 3 miles to my dealer.

8 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Hopefully my memory is correct, as I believe I recall you mentioned on another thread that you were also from BC.

Do you mind advising how long it took from leaving Kentucky to arriving at the rail yard.

Assuming your truck is either at Annasis Island or the PoCo/Pitt Meadows rail yard. Personally, I'm hoping for PoCo/Pitt Meadows, as it is only about 3 miles to my dealer.

Its in Poco. Shipped from Kentucky Nov 19th. Arrived in Poco on the 9th. Sat in Bensenville,IL for awhile. Canadian Pacific.

Edited by mattdm

1 hour ago, mattdm said:

Its in Poco. Shipped from Kentucky Nov 19th. Arrived in Poco on the 9th. Sat in Bensenville,IL for awhile. Canadian Pacific.

Thanks, gives me an idea for how long mine should take, once it finally gets built and shipped.

Does your window sticker show the Ramp/Terminal as RA8B, as that is where my dealer's SD's are shipped to. If mine goes to PoCo it is perfect, as they are usually unloaded on the Pitt Meadows side of the river, only 3 miles from the dealer.

Enjoy your new truck when it arrives. 

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

Thanks, gives me an idea for how long mine should take, once it finally gets built and shipped.

Does your window sticker show the Ramp/Terminal as RA8B, as that is where my dealer's SD's are shipped to. If mine goes to PoCo it is perfect, as they are usually unloaded on the Pitt Meadows side of the river, only 3 miles from the dealer.

Enjoy your new truck when it arrives. 

Yes RA8B

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2021 at 8:30 AM, ice-capades said:

I'd wait until you have confirmation that your vehicle has been built and/or shipped. The average shipping time is 14 days plus any delays at the final rail destination before the car carrier firm dispatches the vehicle to be loaded on a carrier for delivery. 

Vin:  1FT8W3BN1NED14018

Order:  2143

So, to confirm, disregard the "ESTIMATED DELIVERY" date? 

My truck was "In Production" on 12/11 and is still in same status.  My "Estimated Delivery" was moved up from 01/04 to 12/31/21.  With 10 days to go including Christmas - I'm guessing that WON'T happen?  

3 hours ago, 22KRTremor said:

Vin:  1FT8W3BN1NED14018

Order:  2143

So, to confirm, disregard the "ESTIMATED DELIVERY" date? 

My truck was "In Production" on 12/11 and is still in same status.  My "Estimated Delivery" was moved up from 01/04 to 12/31/21.  With 10 days to go including Christmas - I'm guessing that WON'T happen?  

I don't have tracking access to other dealerships' orders so I can't verify your actual vehicle status in the Vehicle Visibility reporting system. The ETA's for vehicle delivery to the dealership are updated in the Vehicle Visibility system based on the latest vehicle status. I can't verify what your vehicle status is... in production, produced, etc. and I'm not going to speculate. It's not uncommon for vehicles to show "in production" status for a week or longer. If it's not produced, released for shipping and loaded on a rail car when the plant shuts down, it's most likely going to sit at the plant until plant operations resume. I have no idea whether Ford is going to be shipping vehicles during the extended shut down period.

The most reliable source for vehicle status information is the Vehicle Visibility reporting system. From what I've seen, Information sent to customers via e-mail is not always up to date.   

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I don't have tracking access to other dealerships' orders so I can't verify your actual vehicle status in the Vehicle Visibility reporting system. The ETA's for vehicle delivery to the dealership are updated in the Vehicle Visibility system based on the latest vehicle status. I can't verify what your vehicle status is... in production, produced, etc. and I'm not going to speculate. It's not uncommon for vehicles to show "in production" status for a week or longer. If it's not produced, released for shipping and loaded on a rail car when the plant shuts down, it's most likely going to sit at the plant until plant operations resume. I have no idea whether Ford is going to be shipping vehicles during the extended shut down period.

The most reliable source for vehicle status information is the Vehicle Visibility reporting system. From what I've seen, Information sent to customers via e-mail is not always up to date.   

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 2:06 PM, ohsnap said:

F350 Lariat Tremor order placed 3/16/21 on x-plan. I love my 19' F250 Lariat and planned to upgrade next year to the F350 w/10sp trans and Tremor package. I was sold early once they announced the 12" screen and wireless airplay. Now begins the waiting game!

20210316-173521_p0.jpg

20210316-140742_p3.jpg

On 12/10/2021 at 7:07 AM, StevenD19 said:

My build week is 12/20 as well, fully expect to wait until end of January, even into February. Anything before that would be a heck of a bonus though. 

My build is wk of 12/20

also. I haven’t seen any thing from the tracking site other than in production…looking on the bright side, so stoked to get the email that I went into production phase!