Grill Guards Pictures and Opinions

CBears

I'm going to be putting a grill guard on my 250 when it gets here.  I live in Kansas where deer just hang out in the middle of the road all day every day.  ?  I'm wanting something that, should I hit one, all I have to do to fix my truck afterward is go to a car wash.  My buddy recommended a Ranch Hand Legend with the bumper built in.  My brother in law said he's had good luck with his that does not include the front bumper.  I'd rather keep the factory front bumper I think.  I'm looking for opinions and pictures of current model super duties if anyone has them.  

3 hours ago, CBears said:

I'm going to be putting a grill guard on my 250 when it gets here.  I live in Kansas where deer just hang out in the middle of the road all day every day.  ?  I'm wanting something that, should I hit one, all I have to do to fix my truck afterward is go to a car wash.  My buddy recommended a Ranch Hand Legend with the bumper built in.  My brother in law said he's had good luck with his that does not include the front bumper.  I'd rather keep the factory front bumper I think.  I'm looking for opinions and pictures of current model super duties if anyone has them.  

I put a Westin HDX grille gaurd on mine. One piece all welded, I talked to a guy that hit 2 deer with his and could not tell, they bolt to the frame in 4 spots and seem very solid. they have them in stainless or  black powder coated, after this picture I re adjust it so it followed the body lines better. I also put a rough country 2" leveling kit,  and Good year kevlar Adventure tires in 34" and color matched cap. 

20211020_161058~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220105-010612_Photos.jpg

Edited by khansen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, khansen said:

I put a Westin HDX grille gaurd on mine. One piece all welded, I talked to a guy that hit 2 deer with his and could not tell, they bolt to the frame in 4 spots and seem very solid. they have them in stainless or  black powder coated, after this picture I re adjust it so it followed the body lines better. I also put a rough country 2" leveling kit,  and Good year kevlar Adventure tires in 34" and color matched cap. 

That is a GREAT looking grill guard!  I'm liking that better than the ranch hand I think.  Very substantial looking.  I also like the idea of getting it in stainless steel maybe.  Hadn't really thought of that option.  Thank you for the reply!

• Like 1

This is the bumper I'm going to order for my truck if it ever gets scheduled. It's made by steel craft. And I called steelcraft and they said all the bumpers come with a adapter now to fit the new led style fog lights. I live on the river. So I have deer on my road and backyard often. I've hit a few deer and never needed anything but a car wash. 

https://www.peacemakerbumpers.com/2017-2022-super-duty.html

b677b8d601fbbb4791cb1bc93ed09713.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, danielj said:

This is the bumper I'm going to order for my truck if it ever gets scheduled. It's made by steel craft. And I called steelcraft and they said all the bumpers come with a adapter now to fit the new led style fog lights. I live on the river. So I have deer on my road and backyard often. I've hit a few deer and never needed anything but a car wash. 

https://www.peacemakerbumpers.com/2017-2022-super-duty.html

I like the looks of that one also. I’m pretty sure I want to keep the stock bumper though. Thank you for the reply!