8 inch Productivity Screen as an option?

bob99

When I ordered my 2022 xlt in April, the 8" was not an option, and my truck came with the 4.3" one.

I feel like the main product page mislead me as well...it made me think my xlt would have the lane departure warning...and it does not.  I believe that requires the multi cameras and ptba to get in the xlt.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bob99 said:

Hello -

The main ford.com product page for the F-350 XLT says the 8" productivity screen is an available option.  However, it's not in the Order Guide and not available on the online builder.  Does anyone know if this is a mistake or know the option code?

https://www.ford.com/trucks/super-duty/models/f350-xlt/

1617285988_ScreenShot2022-01-30at8_32_51AM.thumb.png.2123fbf3c4f59f1d6af5bbcd6b020d05.png

image.thumb.png.4858e92c2c6d62655d90c15bafc04217.png

Bob, I think you have to specify SYNC 3 radio option to get 8" screen, that's the way the order guide is written.  Check out the 2022 order guide, kind of hard to follow but that's what I see.

787Toolman

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Bob, I think you have to specify SYNC 3 radio option to get 8" screen, that's the way the order guide is written.  Check out the 2022 order guide, kind of hard to follow but that's what I see.

787Toolman

Thanks @787Toolman, I have been reading that as the 8" center radio screen but a few lines below it continues to mention the 4.2" productivity screen in the instrument panel.  I wonder if that is a typo and it's really the 8" instrument panel as well.

45 minutes ago, bob99 said:

Thanks @787Toolman, I have been reading that as the 8" center radio screen but a few lines below it continues to mention the 4.2" productivity screen in the instrument panel.  I wonder if that is a typo and it's really the 8" instrument panel as well.

I just built an XLT Super Duty with no options selected and Sync 3 is standard, shows 8" center cluster touch screen standard.

image.png.7593cc9885d9bb43f85c3c433b32ddd1.png

image.thumb.png.e0fdeddf46dcd2ea772b7f4613617c33.png

The 8" instrument cluster comes with Lariat...still looking to see if 8" IP is available on XLT but doesn't look like Ford offers with XLT.

image.thumb.png.56ced6bb00ce0a5f0c70e35a3b4aab33.png

Edited by 787Toolman

17 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

I just built an XLT Super Duty with no options selected and Sync 3 is standard, shows 8" productivity screen standard.

image.png.7593cc9885d9bb43f85c3c433b32ddd1.png

That is not the productivity screen.  It’s the one in the instrument cluster.  It doesn’t appear to be available on XLT.

• Like 1

This is the 8" screen.  I saw a YouTuber change it out, and it was plug and play, but I'm sure it was expensive. I agree the terminology can be very confusing, and I think it needs a different name, such as Instrument cluster 

Screenshot_20220130-093251.png

Edited by Kory04
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

That is not the productivity screen.  It’s the one in the instrument cluster.  It doesn’t appear to be available on XLT.

Looks like the marketing page just has a typo claiming it's an option unless a revised order guide comes out but that wouldn't make a lot of sense this far into the 22 model production. 

The part is expensive, Ford wants a core fee to get the "old" 8" screen back, and there's programming for the mileage/hours/etc.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, akirby said:

akirby, Yeah, my bad, you are correct, and I edited my post to fix it, but your quote still shows my error but that's okay.  Ford calls the entertainment screen 8" touch screen center stack. I caught the mistake before I saw your correction and I showed it comes starting on Lariat but was to slow to respond

Edited by 787Toolman