Feature Clash

Mordedura

On the Limited trim builder I've discovered when you add the Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package you lose the Active Park Assist 2.0. For whatever reason this doesn't seem to happen on the Platinum trim...are these systems compatible with one another?

If I wanted to keep the Active Park Assist can I have Ford install the integrated trailer brake controller some time in the future?

Thanks, M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Mordedura, did you ever get an answer on this?  I just picked up a 304A Stealth Performance Package Limited 2022 and expected it to have the Active Park Assist 2.0 in it.  Come to find out, this one particular model config can't have the APA2.0 and Heavy Duty Trailer package.  WHY NOT!?  As you noted, it can be on the Platinum AND it can be on the XLT.  It has all the other Co-Pilot 360 bells and whistles; seems like it could be added? I wonder if I can take it to the dealership if they can outline what it takes.  What were your findings?

25 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

Ap2.0 was deleted from expy and nav builds after March 1st due to chip shortage.  Is that why yours doesnt have the feature?

No, while what you say is true for now, in the past that wasn't why.  Mine has the Heavy Duty Towing Package.  There's some fine print on the stealth edition limited package that, for whatever reason, the addition of the heavy duty trailer package mandates the delete of AP2.0.  You could have one or the other, but not both.  I know it's possible to have both because --again, outside of the chip stuff we're in now-- the XLT and the Platinum package allow you to have both.  It's just this Limited package that removes it when HD tow is added.  Can't figure out why; especially because the Stealth performance 304A includes all the other Co-Pilot 360 assist bells and whistles and only removes the AP2.0 part when HD tow is added.  It's bizarre.   Makes me think there's a Reddit forum somewhere of Ford master certified mechanics or Ford collision service centers that would know what part is missing to re-give the Limited back the AP2.0 along with the HD tow (if time, money, and chips weren't a problem).  I have the truck in my garage.  It was built many moons ago before the official mandated deletes from Ford due to supply chain.

Edited by Homeuser9

3 hours ago, Homeuser9 said:

No, while what you say is true for now, in the past that wasn't why.  Mine has the Heavy Duty Towing Package.  There's some fine print on the stealth edition limited package that, for whatever reason, the addition of the heavy duty trailer package mandates the delete of AP2.0.  You could have one or the other, but not both.  I know it's possible to have both because --again, outside of the chip stuff we're in now-- the XLT and the Platinum package allow you to have both.  It's just this Limited package that removes it when HD tow is added.  Can't figure out why; especially because the Stealth performance 304A includes all the other Co-Pilot 360 assist bells and whistles and only removes the AP2.0 part when HD tow is added.  It's bizarre.   Makes me think there's a Reddit forum somewhere of Ford master certified mechanics or Ford collision service centers that would know what part is missing to re-give the Limited back the AP2.0 along with the HD tow (if time, money, and chips weren't a problem).  I have the truck in my garage.  It was built many moons ago before the official mandated deletes from Ford due to supply chain.

The order guide does not list Active Park Assist 2.0 as equipment you can get on the XLT, either via a package or stand alone option.

1 hour ago, AJ82 said:

The order guide does not list Active Park Assist 2.0 as equipment you can get on the XLT, either via a package or stand alone option.

Even if that were true, the point of my post is, clearly it's possible to have both on the vehicle; so what would it take to get the Limited I have to have it.  It's on the platinum, which you don't contest.  Look at the 50T option code for the XLT.  It's a special edition code only available on the XLTs and it, just like the platinum, lets you have both.

46 minutes ago, Homeuser9 said:

Even if that were true, the point of my post is, clearly it's possible to have both on the vehicle; so what would it take to get the Limited I have to have it.  It's on the platinum, which you don't contest.  Look at the 50T option code for the XLT.  It's a special edition code only available on the XLTs and it, just like the platinum, lets you have both.

I fully understand what is in the XLT 50T package as I ordered one and probably looked at the guide 100 times LOL. It doesn't include the park assist. You are correct that it should be possible and I doubt you will find anyone here that will be able to answer your question as to why it is removed on Limited when you add that package (could be wrong!). If you could get all the parts and use Forscan to enable some things it might be possible to add it. Probably have to be some calibration as well. I imagine it would be costly to add it that way.

I have seen other oddities as well , one being when you add the tow package on XLT with 50T it will add 360 cameras but remove the built-in Nav. I mean really. It is the same question as to why they did that. I'd be willing to bet somehow it is simply to save money in some manner on their side. It wouldn't be the first time.

Screenshot_20220510-214828.png

Edited by AJ82

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 9:58 AM, Mordedura said:

Does anyone know if having BOTH active park assist AND trailer backup assist possible in the lower trim lines in previous years?

Yes. My '19 Limited had both APA and TBA. My '22 Limited SPP has HD Tow which forced me to lose APA, which I was/am very unhappy about.