The media killed Jaguar..too bad

XK sales are up, but the rest are down 30 percent. Who wants to buy a car from a brand that may be in limbo? The media is to blame; Ford was never FIRST to discuss Jag's future. They were always on the defensive. Of course the latest fuel tank leak recall isn't going to help!

I disagree. Jag sales have been in a tailspin for years, it isn't new since there were rumors of a sale. The reason the XK is up is simple - it's a brand new, better than ever vehicle. The XJ looks ten years old, the X-Type is slowly dying, and the S-Type is way over due for a redesign. Jaguar (or Ford, I guess) is responsible for the state of Jaguar, not the media. The XK shows that "it's the product, stupid". Give Jaguar beautiful, quality cars to sell and they will sell.

Jaguar's problem is that they are not producing products that the customers want. And they put too many eggs in the Xtype basket to increase volume too quickly. The whole XType situation seemed to stem from someone at the top saying, "double the sales now! I don't care what you have to put together to do it." X type isn't a bad car, it should have been a Lincoln or Volvo instead.

Oh jeez, it isn't anything that a little style can't fix, big babies.

I mean, the Mini Cooper used to be a little old ladies car in Britain, right? Now its sex-on-wheels for anyone in the 13 to 19 age bracket in America.

A little reinvention of image, and these will sell, American's have a short attention span when it comes to foreign brands, ahhhhhh ADHD, the cure for the modern foreign brand!!!