Groups rip Ford over flex-fuel claims

I don't get it. Were the 2003 to 2005 Taurus FFV capable? If so, what is the meaning of the lawsuit? It's not Ford's fault if there are few filling stations that carry it. :shrug:

I think they were. That article could've used a bit more detailing, explaining whether or not these people actually received vehicles with the FFV engine. If I recall correctly some 3 liter engines had it, whereas others didn't.

Very few details in this story. Their complaint is that there are only 900 E85 stations. Is that Ford's fault? It said also, that the engines don't run well on E85 but did not elaborate on exactly what "don't run well" means. Why wasn't the same complaint filed against GM since they flex fuel cars too?

They're going to have a tough time with this suit. Unless they can show that they were supposed to have an FFV engine on a per a purchase basis, they don't have anything to go on.

I don't know about these last model years of Taurus, but I remember they used to put the green grass leaf sticker on any FFV capable car. If that wasn't there, it wasn't FFV.

Apparently there was a TSB for some problem with the FFV vehicles that suggested not using E85 until a fix could be determined. I think that was the basis of the lawsuit - that some vehicles labeled FFV were not able to use E85 because of this problem that Ford apparently hasn't yet fixed.

Unless it affects all vehicles and they're unable to fix it I think the lawsuit is without merit - not that it matters when it comes to suing Ford.