Suspension upgrades without a lift?

Apparently sacrilegious, but the notion of improved suspension performance without compensating, er… lifting seems non existent. 

ISO… progressive shock/coil upgrade for non-lifted, non-Tremor truck that still hauls/tows.  

I think you will find Bilstein  5100 shocks are the most common upgrade for the standard shocks. I can tell you they stopped terrible roll in my 16 F150 and I will do the same upgrade on my F250 due next week.  I’m sure there will be more seasoned owners comment on options.

Edited by EastMark

On 5/3/2023 at 6:59 AM, EastMark said:

I think you will find Bilstein  5100 shocks are the most common upgrade for the standard shocks. I can tell you they stopped terrible roll in my 16 F150 and will do the same on my F250 due next week.  I’m sure there will be more seasoned owners comment on options.

I'm gonna have to agree with Bilstein 5100 upgrade. Although I did a 2 1/2" ready lift in the front and 4" blocks in the back of my 22 Lariat SB, the truck is more planted in turns especially at highway speed on bumpy roads. My '19 (same model) was white knuckle feeling out of control going over the same conditions.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2023 at 7:28 PM, stevenc said:

Still looking…. 

Currently planning on a Carli kit but they’re designed for 37’s.   I’d be more than happy bumping up to 295/70/18 vs 35’s 

Tow & haul regularly… 

I def could have worded this more better’er…

I’d happily save $ going 295/70 vs 35” on stock 18” wheels.   The Carli kit makes complete sense in terms of improving suspension travel but is designed around 37” tires on 17” rims.  

Leveling achieves nothing more than an aesthetic, surprised there are not more options for functional improvement.