Lincoln sport coupe RWD

TBN LEISHA

Too bad the LS was not originally designed with a 4.6 and a Trac loc rear.

Hopefully Lincoln could use the Mustang platform for a sport coupe styling like the BMW that the LS mimic very well.

The only issue would be not to price it too high, it should be lower priced than the BMW, Infinity and Acura with as much Bag.

A lot of other manufactureres have made a lot of milage using this type of thinking.

• 2 weeks later...
Too bad the LS was not originally designed with a 4.6 and a Trac loc rear.

Hopefully Lincoln could use the Mustang platform for a sport coupe styling like the BMW that the LS mimic very well.

The only issue would be not to price it too high, it should be lower priced than the BMW, Infinity and Acura with as much Bag.

A lot of other manufactureres have made a lot of milage using this type of thinking.

I'd price it and position it to compete directly with the Infiniti G35 (as that's what I'm leaning towards buying for a next car...)

Lincoln already made a mistake making an LS that mimicks a BMW/Mitsubishi in styling... And now they want to make an MKS that looks like some bastard Acura/Infiniti homogenization? No thanks... Its teh kind of thinking that lead us to a Five Hundred that looks like an old Passat... Great platforms.. shitty been there done that recycled from other manufactueres styling.. Because they did focus groups and that is what people told them they wanted to buy... And those idiots at Ford took it as meaning making cars that LOOK like the cars people wanted to buy... Doh.. Never mind that all Ford had to do was give it their own styling and make the engineering, platform, materials and quality equal to the imports...

Make the Lincoln sport coupe distinctly Lincoln.... The Zephyr (as i refuse to call it an MKZ) has a nice front end style that could be adpated to the Mustang while the Mustang rear quarters could be changed a little for unique Lincoln specific styling.... Ideally it needs some extra wheelbase for rear seat room.. But I'd settle for a sport coupe based on the Mustang platform as is and promote it more like a two seater with seats for amputees...

I did a photochop about a year ago with a Zephyr front on a black Mustang... I thought it looked good... I thought it even made the Mustangs lines look better and more contemporary rather than retro... I did away with the hocky stick, put some Lincoln wheels on it and shaped a quarter window inline with the door windows and i thought it looked sharp.. Now imagine it with a Zephyr like interior or better yet maybe the MKS dashboard which is the only thing they did right with that concept...

Edited by Watchdevil

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...