Ventilated seats in 2022 Aviator

KyleV

Coming from an explorer platinum that had great heated and ventilated seats we have been a bit disappointed in the base seats in our 2022 aviator. 

We only feel the ventilation in the back and not the bottom on both the driver and passenger in the medium or max setting. 

Do the base seats both the lower and back sections?

11 minutes ago, KyleV said:

Coming from an explorer platinum that had great heated and ventilated seats we have been a bit disappointed in the base seats in our 2022 aviator. 

We only feel the ventilation in the back and not the bottom on both the driver and passenger in the medium or max setting. 

Do the base seats both the lower and back sections?

Yes but most of the newer versions just don’t work very well.  Our Nautilus is good but not great.

1 hour ago, brucelinc said:

They are a far cry from the actual COOLED seats which used a peltier device.   The seats in  my 2020 MKS would frost your buttocks.

They still use the peltier device as far as I know.  It just doesn’t have good airflow.

52 minutes ago, brucelinc said:

Really?   I thought the later models just used a fan under the seats.   

Pretty sure that was a marketing thing (calling them ventilated instead of cooled ) to cover up for the poor performance a few years ago.  It also does heating via the fan so it must have the peltier device.

Edited by akirby