What Do YOU want out your Union ???

castro_bigdog

Name some things you'd like to see....

Name some things you'd like to see change...

Just drop some info and thoughts...

The 1st thing Id like to see is people sticking together again like in the 80s 70s 60s.....

you know the older days when people where not all about them self.........

The 1st thing Id like to see is people sticking together again like in the 80s 70s 60s.....

Discipline

Term Limits

separation from the Democrats until they start working for US again

Open shop, some competition should improve our leadership

yes, its not my union, but took these chnages, it could be!

STOP!!! protecting the DEATBEATS!!!! Let the Company get rid of their asses!!!

Get real!!!!!!

We are in a fight for the survival of our union and the Big 2.

We need to cut the deadbeats, and when I say deadbeats and you say, "describe a deadbeat;" I say, "ok, lets MAKE LANGUAGE TO DESCRIBE ONE!!!!!!!!" Make it so THEY CAN'T TRANSFER before the good people to poison another plant.

Also, let us make an autoplant like the real world!!!! Do not punish those who will work, punish those that do not. Do not move people into the best jobs because that is all they are willing to do, make it so it takes merit to get there along with a weight of seniority.

Just look at the deal the UAW has gotten for its workers...............and while I amy be criticizing it somewhat, it is not that bad........pretty good really if you consider all aspects...........but what about this------------>This buyout should NOT be about a buyout, as much as it is about losing people. Why are we offering money to people who avoided work at all costs, costing this company money? In everything the union does, there is never a qualifier for anything.

I ask YOU------------------->Since you can remember, what besides personal pride is there in doing a good job, coming to work everyday, trying to build the best products for our consumer base? Why in the forever past, should an autoworker who does want to do these things believe it is the correct way to advance to easier jobs that have more responsibility, when those jobs were covered at least 85% of the time by the biggest deadbeat, company ass kiss, union smooches, the public has ever seen!!!!!

Do YOU actually believe this is how the real world works to make money? Putting incompetent non-caring people in positions to not only screw things up that are needed, but to poison the attitudes of those around them to lean towards their ilk?

Politics create strange bedfellows indeed; but politics have a tax base to draw from. We do not!!!!!!!! We must improve every facet of our business and union model, or our employers and us, will disappear. Now I ask you personally------------------->do you think the people that have been appointed to sensitive positions for the betterment of the company, or the union, were the best available when chosen from the candidates available?

Now you have at least a partial reason we are losing as a company, and a union.

I Usually write long posts and this is no exception, lololol.............but I believe you need to read this example!

EXAMPLE---------------->A while back, a certain person who ran for political office inside the union in our local lost by the very slightest of margins. Our local, to keep him on the side lines next time around, offer this person a plum job as benefits rep. Not being totally stupid, he decided a bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush, and took it....................asking that a few of his cohorts be put in union positions also, which they were.

The point of this was...............are you ready..............you aren't going to believe this...............this person was ILLITERATE; meaning that he COULD NOT READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you understanding this-------->a benefits rep who needs to know the ins and outs of how to do things with Dearborn, and they could not read a lick!!!!!

This is just one example of the idiocy that has went on, and I have many, many, more........up to just recently when our local turned over to reasonably intelligent people.

Why are we losing????? You tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who does SPC where you reside? Takes care of SMF? Who drives the vehicles to final inspection, and in fact are in charge of at least partial final inspection.........and if you think they are capable, who are they related to, or going out with, lol!

It is a house of cards that is collapsing, and I'll be darned if the company and union aren't willing to change everything..................but these extra special things................where they hide some of the most worthless UAW members in the plant.

I care about this company, and yes I care about this union!!!!! But something has gone terribly wrong here, and only those with power can fix it. You see, the rest of us have been bitching about it for years, and wondering ............not how we made money.............but rather how much MORE money we coulda made.

My suggestion to you if you have any power in your facility is------------>FIX IT!!!!!!! At least then you can hold your head up as part of a reasonable solution, instead of hanging your head down as part of a ridiculous problem.

Discipline

Term Limits

separation from the Democrats until they start working for US again

Open shop, some competition should improve our leadership

yes, its not my union, but took these chnages, it could be!

what ? would you have them join the republicans ways ? id ont think so...those guys are JUSt as bad !

you forget the alternative is worse then your answer!

Get real!!!!!!

We need to cut the deadbeats, and when I say deadbeats and you say, "describe a deadbeat;" I say, "ok, lets MAKE LANGUAGE TO DESCRIBE ONE!!!!!!!!" Make it so THEY CAN'T TRANSFER before the good people to poison another plant.

Also, let us make an autoplant like the real world!!!! Do not punish those who will work, punish those that do not. Do not move people into the best jobs because that is all they are willing to do, make it so it takes merit to get there along with a weight of seniority.

Just look at the deal the UAW has gotten for its workers...............and while I amy be criticizing it somewhat, it is not that bad........pretty good really if you consider all aspects...........but what about this------------>This buyout should NOT be about a buyout, as much as it is about losing people. Why are we offering money to people who avoided work at all costs, costing this company money? In everything the union does, there is never a qualifier for anything.

I ask YOU------------------->Since you can remember, what besides personal pride is there in doing a good job, coming to work everyday, trying to build the best products for our consumer base? Why in the forever past, should an autoworker who does want to do these things believe it is the correct way to advance to easier jobs that have more responsibility, when those jobs were covered at least 85% of the time by the biggest deadbeat, company ass kiss, union smooches, the public has ever seen!!!!!

Do YOU actually believe this is how the real world works to make money? Putting incompetent non-caring people in positions to not only screw things up that are needed, but to poison the attitudes of those around them to lean towards their ilk?

Politics create strange bedfellows indeed; but politics have a tax base to draw from. We do not!!!!!!!! We must improve every facet of our business and union model, or our employers and us, will disappear. Now I ask you personally------------------->do you think the people that have been appointed to sensitive positions for the betterment of the company, or the union, were the best available when chosen from the candidates available?

I Usually write long posts and this is no exception, lololol.............but I believe you need to read this example!

EXAMPLE---------------->A while back, a certain person who ran for political office inside the union in our local lost by the very slightest of margins. Our local, to keep him on the side lines next time around, offer this person a plum job as benefits rep. Not being totally stupid, he decided a bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush, and took it....................asking that a few of his cohorts be put in union positions also, which they were.

The point of this was...............are you ready..............you aren't going to believe this...............this person was ILLITERATE; meaning that he COULD NOT READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you understanding this-------->a benefits rep who needs to know the ins and outs of how to do things with Dearborn, and they could not read a lick!!!!!

This is just one example of the idiocy that has went on, and I have many, many, more........up to just recently when our local turned over to reasonably intelligent people.

Why are we losing????? You tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who does SPC where you reside? Takes care of SMF? Who drives the vehicles to final inspection, and in fact are in charge of at least partial final inspection.........and if you think they are capable, who are they related to, or going out with, lol!

It is a house of cards that is collapsing, and I'll be darned if the company and union aren't willing to change everything..................but these extra special things................where they hide some of the most worthless UAW members in the plant.

I care about this company, and yes I care about this union!!!!! But something has gone terribly wrong here, and only those with power can fix it. You see, the rest of us have been bitching about it for years, and wondering ............not how we made money.............but rather how much MORE money we coulda made.

My suggestion to you if you have any power in your facility is------------>FIX IT!!!!!!! At least then you can hold your head up as part of a reasonable solution, instead of hanging your head down as part of a ridiculous problem.

Good Post Bro

Get real!!!!!!

Brother that is the BEST POST I have seen on this site since I have been here. AND IT'S NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Get real!!!!!!

Imawhosure for president!!

Get real!!!!!!

Well spoken, more often than not I agree with your posts, a voice of reason in this mess, and then I go to work, and step through the looking glass; and start to lose hope when I look around at work. Good people have been saying the same things for some time now, but all I see is things going the wrong way. For all of our sakes, I hope that some solution can be found for the "deadbeat" problem, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wandering lost,

Always remember----------------->there is more of your type, than their type.

Do no think this is a call to arms to march down to the next union meeting, and cause a revolt. No, no, no!!! The reason I say this is (and many people will disagree with me because you are then not directly involved.........but oh well) because-------------------->unless you feel you have non-political entitys running your show, you are just wasting not only your time, but those who you get to agree to accompany you.

No sir, never, ever, fight that type of fight in enemy territory (and they are your enemy if all they worry about is getting re-elected) where they will use Roberts rules and everything imaginable to shut you up, embarrass you and your friends, while leaving you feeling emptier than when you arrived on the site of the union hall.

No sir, you fight that fight where YOU RULE, and that is where your worth is highest----------->at The Ford Motor Company Facility! Roberts rules don't work there, noooooooooooooooooooooooo they do not. And have the good people inform the union that it is either OUR WAY, or YOUR on the HIGHWAY back down here with us, and like all politicians, they will acede to your wishes. (of course, they will do it thinking you will vote for them next time, but never commit to doing that or you become phoneys just, like, them. Rather, the good people just say, "If you comply with our wishes, I will consider you. If you DO NOT comply, I WILL VOTE for your opponent!)

Just tell them!!!! They put their pants on just like you do. And remember this--------------> if they do not comply and Ford happens to go under, they are in the poorhouse for a very, very, long time.

Why?

Do ya think anyone out there who is non-union, is going to hire someone whos' last position was a union rep??????????? LOL, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are sooooooooooooo oblivious to the real world from residing in this phoney one, they haven't yet come to the conclusion that------------->they and their familys have more, way-way more to lose, than YOU DO!!!!!!

Tell em to put that in their pipes and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wandering lost,

Do no think this is a call to arms to march down to the next union meeting, and cause a revolt. No, no, no!!! The reason I say this is (and many people will disagree with me because you are then not directly involved.........but oh well) because-------------------->unless you feel you have non-political entitys running your show, you are just wasting not only your time, but those who you get to agree to accompany you.

No sir, never, ever, fight that type of fight in enemy territory (and they are your enemy if all they worry about is getting re-elected) where they will use Roberts rules and everything imaginable to shut you up, embarrass you and your friends, while leaving you feeling emptier than when you arrived on the site of the union hall.

No sir, you fight that fight where YOU RULE, and that is where your worth is highest----------->at The Ford Motor Company Facility! Roberts rules don't work there, noooooooooooooooooooooooo they do not. And have the good people inform the union that it is either OUR WAY, or YOUR on the HIGHWAY back down here with us, and like all politicians, they will acede to your wishes. (of course, they will do it thinking you will vote for them next time, but never commit to doing that or you become phoneys just, like, them. Rather, the good people just say, "If you comply with our wishes, I will consider you. If you DO NOT comply, I WILL VOTE for your opponent!)

Just tell them!!!! They put their pants on just like you do. And remember this--------------> if they do not comply and Ford happens to go under, they are in the poorhouse for a very, very, long time.

Why?

Do ya think anyone out there who is non-union, is going to hire someone whos' last position was a union rep??????????? LOL, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are sooooooooooooo oblivious to the real world from residing in this phoney one, they haven't yet come to the conclusion that------------->they and their familys have more, way-way more to lose, than YOU DO!!!!!!

Tell em to put that in their pipes and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man You Are GOOD.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................

Wandering lost,

Why?

But I have to say This Bro I realy do care alot more then You think..............

Vote or no Vote

how about growing some balls and standing up for thier dues paying members instead of "appointing" jobs to thier sons and buddies. that would be a good start, then there could be lots to follow

Castro,

While some think I am trying to insult our union as whole, nothing could be further from the truth.

Do we think that our presidential position in These Untited States is worthless, or rather do we think the way at the moment it is being run is skewed?

You see, we have come up against a buzzsaw whose teeth are provided by their economic advantage; not to mention their government has helped them along.

I am not here to say what our adversaries from abroad do is right, or wrong. That will be for the historians of the future once the smoke settles from this debacle. What I attempt to do is point out that the facts are not changing anytime soon, and even if they do, we will again rely on someone else to put these people under pressure, when we ourselves could do it if we so desired.(ok, we might need a little help, but the less we have to rely on from outside, the better it is for us, since we then have control of the plan that needs executing)

Also understand, without the union left intact, everything we lose will probably never be seen again by autoworkers...............not one piece of it.

Therefore, it is my contention that the union faces the economic fact that we have to fight to preserve the union, and the companys to boot.

Yes, I know that Ford screwed up.............and so did General Motors, so why should we have to fight........isn't it they who should carry the burden and leave us alone!!!!!!!

They may be able to surive on their own, eventhough continuing to shrink; but they will never put pressure on our foreign rivals if we do not help them.

I suppose the choices are, staus quo or worse; or we actually do something and kick them in that ass a little.

This is the worst time in the last 25yrs to be a UAW member, but only their sacrifices will reverse the trend, along with and INCLUDING THE DESIGN OF BETTER VEHICLES by both Ford and GM.

I am not here to pass judgement, just point out reality--------------------->our fore fathers fought wars with guns against these people; died to preserve our ability to live like we do today. Now, are we willing to fight this economic war and win?

I dunno! I don't really know if our brothers and sisters have a full grasp of what is honestly at stake here from a manufacturing perspective, and the the future viability of the US of A being able to return to its "can do" roots and once again, defeat the invaders.

If we as a large contingent of individuals, will not bite the bullet to do it at least (hopefully temporarily); then I guess we deserve to lose. Personal pride, company pride, and American pride drives me; not to mention leaving good jobs behind for people who do not attend college..............giving them the chance in life, that Ford and the UAW gave me.

If we decide to bite that bullet and finally put up resistance to the invaders, then we need a team...........and we need to know who doesn't want to be on that team!!!!!!

That sir, would be the deadbeats, lolololol!!!!!!! For all that is UAW with the desire to preserve this union, YOU MUST FIGURE A WAY TO MAKE THEM GO AWAY, so as the rest of us can show that we can match our competitors.............hell no, do better than our competitors in producing these vehicles for them, and turn the tide and perception back to---------------->Built by union means QUALITY! Built by non-union, you might have junk..........because that was the reality just 25yrs ago!!!!!!!!!!

It can be again, it should be again, and we should do everything within the REALM OF WHAT WE CONTROL, (fire the deadbeats) to make that happen yesterday!!!

Castro,

While some think I am trying to insult our union as whole, nothing could be further from the truth.

Do we think that our presidential position in These Untited States is worthless, or rather do we think the way at the moment it is being run is skewed?

You see, we have come up against a buzzsaw whose teeth are provided by their economic advantage; not to mention their government has helped them along.

I am not here to say what our adversaries from abroad do is right, or wrong. That will be for the historians of the future once the smoke settles from this debacle. What I attempt to do is point out that the facts are not changing anytime soon, and even if they do, we will again rely on someone else to put these people under pressure, when we ourselves could do it if we so desired.(ok, we might need a little help, but the less we have to rely on from outside, the better it is for us, since we then have control of the plan that needs executing)

Also understand, without the union left intact, everything we lose will probably never be seen again by autoworkers...............not one piece of it.

Therefore, it is my contention that the union faces the economic fact that we have to fight to preserve the union, and the companys to boot.

Yes, I know that Ford screwed up.............and so did General Motors, so why should we have to fight........isn't it they who should carry the burden and leave us alone!!!!!!!

They may be able to surive on their own, eventhough continuing to shrink; but they will never put pressure on our foreign rivals if we do not help them.

I suppose the choices are, staus quo or worse; or we actually do something and kick them in that ass a little.

This is the worst time in the last 25yrs to be a UAW member, but only their sacrifices will reverse the trend, along with and INCLUDING THE DESIGN OF BETTER VEHICLES by both Ford and GM.

I am not here to pass judgement, just point out reality--------------------->our fore fathers fought wars with guns against these people; died to preserve our ability to live like we do today. Now, are we willing to fight this economic war and win?

I dunno! I don't really know if our brothers and sisters have a full grasp of what is honestly at stake here from a manufacturing perspective, and the the future viability of the US of A being able to return to its "can do" roots and once again, defeat the invaders.

If we as a large contingent of individuals, will not bite the bullet to do it at least (hopefully temporarily); then I guess we deserve to lose. Personal pride, company pride, and American pride drives me; not to mention leaving good jobs behind for people who do not attend college..............giving them the chance in life, that Ford and the UAW gave me.

If we decide to bite that bullet and finally put up resistance to the invaders, then we need a team...........and we need to know who doesn't want to be on that team!!!!!!

That sir, would be the deadbeats, lolololol!!!!!!! For all that is UAW with the desire to preserve this union, YOU MUST FIGURE A WAY TO MAKE THEM GO AWAY, so as the rest of us can show that we can match our competitors.............hell no, do better than our competitors in producing these vehicles for them, and turn the tide and perception back to---------------->Built by union means QUALITY! Built by non-union, you might have junk..........because that was the reality just 25yrs ago!!!!!!!!!!

It can be again, it should be again, and we should do everything within the REALM OF WHAT WE CONTROL, (fire the deadbeats) to make that happen yesterday!!!

Bro I wish I could meet you one day becouse alot of what you are saying makes alot of sence, I wish that our union would start to stick togeather again I cant beleave how far apart we have gotten.

God Bless Us All

• 2 weeks later...
Bro I wish I could meet you one day becouse alot of what you are saying makes alot of sence, I wish that our union would start to stick togeather again I cant beleave how far apart we have gotten.

God Bless Us All

What do we want out of our union?

1) Stop all the give backs

2) WE NEED Reps who are on the floor or accountable the duration of their shifts...Guess which ones I am talking about B-shifters

3) We NEED Reps who are Banned from saying and I Quote "They Can do that"

4) We need someone from the international or someone in house to tell us the TRUTH about the separation packages: AS in

What will be the ratio of high senority to low senority be when the plant back fills from the

ILO that is definately coming. How many flowbacks will they take, how many high senority transplants, and then how many part time/full time will come in (the dreaded 2 -tier pay system)?

Why is combining the monetary benefit not being made optional so AAI originals can take advantage of the separation packages?

Our union is telling us that getting the time and monetary benefit combined to Full Ford for original AAI people is a huge issue next contract time.....If they can manage to get that done

WILL that be retroactive so Original AAI people who took the buyouts will be covered?

5) Some of us would like to know where Tracy is as well

What do we want out of our union?

1) Stop all the give backs

2) WE NEED Reps who are on the floor or accountable the duration of their shifts...Guess which ones I am talking about B-shifters

3) We NEED Reps who are Banned from saying and I Quote "They Can do that"

4) We need someone from the international or someone in house to tell us the TRUTH about the separation packages: AS in

What will be the ratio of high senority to low senority be when the plant back fills from the

ILO that is definately coming. How many flowbacks will they take, how many high senority transplants, and then how many part time/full time will come in (the dreaded 2 -tier pay system)?

Why is combining the monetary benefit not being made optional so AAI originals can take advantage of the separation packages?

Our union is telling us that getting the time and monetary benefit combined to Full Ford for original AAI people is a huge issue next contract time.....If they can manage to get that done

WILL that be retroactive so Original AAI people who took the buyouts will be covered?

5) Some of us would like to know where Tracy is as well

They will be only if that is part of the agreement, rather even if the company will give it any thought at all...

VERY GOOD POSTS....ABOUT THE DEADBEATS AND ALL. ID JUST LIKE TO SEE $60 A MONTH WORTH OF REPRESENTATION..LOL.............GREAT POINT ON GIVING AWAY GRIEVANCES, FRIEND HAS A HUGE GRIEVANCE OVER SOME SAFETY GLASSES THATS BEEN IN THIRD STAGE FOR LIKE 3 YEARS NOW. HE WORE TINTED SAFETY GLASSES(APPROVED BY COMPANY DR) DUE TO AN ILLNESS HE HAS AND TAKES A CERTAIN MEDICINE THAT MAKES HIS EYES VERY SENSITIVE TO LIGHT AND CAUSES MIGRAINE HEADACHES. A CERTAIN SUPERVISOR FORCED HIM TO LABOR RELATIONS AND HE SHOWED LABOR THE NOTE FROM THE MEDICAL DEPT AND THEY TOLD HIM IF HE DIDNT WEAR "ROSE TINT" HE WOULD NEED TO FIND ANOTHER JOB. THEY PUT HIM ON A NO WORK AVAILABLE AND HE ENDED UP BEING OFF WORK FOR OVER A YEAR AND LOST ALL THE OVERTIME. THE UNION GOT HIM BACK TO WORK, APPROVED TO WEAR THE SAME GLASSES WITH THE DEPT HE WAS IN THE UNION FIGURED UP THAT HE LOST THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE 40,000 MORE DOLLARS. THEY FILED A GRIEVANCE AND IT WENT THRU ALL THE STAGES AND WAS DENIED. HE FILED AN APPEAL THRU INTERNATIONAL AND IT WAS DENIED TOO. IM SURE THAT WILL BE USED AS A BARGAINING TOOL TO GET SOME CRACK HEADS JOBS BACK! LOL :backtotopic: HELL, I'D JUST LIKE TO SEE A COMMITEEMAN ONCE A DAY LOL. HOPEFULLY THEY GROW SOME BALLS BETWEEN NOW AND CONTRACT TIME OR ITS GONNA BE REALLY UGLY. :ohsnap:

Get real!!!!!!

Couldnt agree more WHOSURE>>>>>>>>>> Merit and ability.I hope the Union is reading this stuff

Fish,

Reading this stuff!!!!!!

I know part of my local union reps read what I write, knows who I am, and can not wait till my buyout comes.

Fortunately, I don't think my chairman thinks that way, since I know first hand he is a decent individual. At times, we have agreed to disagree, but we did it nicely.

I have never run for a union office, wouldn't want to, and I watch how these people have to go against what they actually believe in life, to even come close to what the contract calls for. I COULD NEVER DO IT, so I always stayed away from it.

I honestly think, that most local union reps across the spectrum, never realized how hard of a job it could actually become to do the bidding of contracts that are not conservative, not liberal, but rather socialist.

I contend that most union reps are of the democratic, liberal side of the spectrum, and that is fine. They probably wondered what the hell was going on, when they discovered that the union agenda was far further left of them, than they are left of conservatives.

Anyway, to believe that the union will listen to what we have to say and take anything as viable is not likely unless enough people either tell them it is their will, or vote them out unceremoniously.

While we work a business, they attempt to work our countrys politics, (at least the international does) and while they do have money built up, they have no source of income besides dues. Their power in the plants depend on the ability to manipulate, and give away someone elses rights to those they choose to give it to.

It is exactly like it is in socialists countrys, take from the farmers, give to the ruling class, take from the peasents, give it to friends and lovers, take from the rich, keep it for yourself............Stalin had to die to break that deal.............so what does it tell you MIGHT have to happen to break this one, lololol!!!!! Notice that the REAL workers got little, those who could play the game got everything. All under the guise I might add, of WE MUST STICK TOGETHER..........in the USSR, lolol. Their bogeyman was the USA. The UAW bogeyman is Ford and GM. People buy this nonsense!!!!! They would rather stick with deadbeats, then cast their lot collectively, with those who produce money that pays them. Go figure!!!!!!!

Well Fish, good luck. Until everyone realizes that union is important enough to insure it changes, everything will continue on the same road..........unless change gets the ruling class more dues, then again; everyone who believes the silliness will be sold down the tubes, ONE MORE TIME!

ktpworker69

BlueOval New Member

VERY GOOD POSTS....ABOUT THE DEADBEATS AND ALL. ID JUST LIKE TO SEE $60 A MONTH WORTH OF REPRESENTATION..LOL.............GREAT POINT ON GIVING AWAY GRIEVANCES, FRIEND HAS A HUGE GRIEVANCE OVER SOME SAFETY GLASSES THATS BEEN IN THIRD STAGE FOR LIKE 3 YEARS NOW. HE WORE TINTED SAFETY GLASSES(APPROVED BY COMPANY DR) DUE TO AN ILLNESS HE HAS AND TAKES A CERTAIN MEDICINE THAT MAKES HIS EYES VERY SENSITIVE TO LIGHT AND CAUSES MIGRAINE HEADACHES. A CERTAIN SUPERVISOR FORCED HIM TO LABOR RELATIONS AND HE SHOWED LABOR THE NOTE FROM THE MEDICAL DEPT AND THEY TOLD HIM IF HE DIDNT WEAR "ROSE TINT" HE WOULD NEED TO FIND ANOTHER JOB. THEY PUT HIM ON A NO WORK AVAILABLE AND HE ENDED UP BEING OFF WORK FOR OVER A YEAR AND LOST ALL THE OVERTIME. THE UNION GOT HIM BACK TO WORK, APPROVED TO WEAR THE SAME GLASSES WITH THE DEPT HE WAS IN THE UNION FIGURED UP THAT HE LOST THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE 40,000 MORE DOLLARS. THEY FILED A GRIEVANCE AND IT WENT THRU ALL THE STAGES AND WAS DENIED. HE FILED AN APPEAL THRU INTERNATIONAL AND IT WAS DENIED TOO. IM SURE THAT WILL BE USED AS A BARGAINING TOOL TO GET SOME CRACK HEADS JOBS BACK! LOL HELL, I'D JUST LIKE TO SEE A COMMITEEMAN ONCE A DAY LOL. HOPEFULLY THEY GROW SOME BALLS BETWEEN NOW AND CONTRACT TIME OR ITS GONNA BE REALLY UGLY.

KPT--- You want to beat up on the union for what sounds like a deadbeat!!!!!!! But you may really be a little less than lightened, so I'll do my best.

1.The doctor dosnt run Ford Motor Company so even if the "Company Doctor" requested Tinted Safety Glasses, the company dosnt care no more what he says as they do your personal doctor.

2. How many other sorry asses that you work with would say "if he can wear tinted glasses, so can I" so the company has a certain level of control that they must exert in a plant with thousands of people.

3. If he cant do his job because he cant see light, than he needs to go out on John Hancock, unless its work related than it would be workers comp.

4. A grievance can only be won if theres merit and a umpire decision would go a long way in gaining merit to a grievance. If there was merit on this grievance, it would have been won.

5. A similar incident happened at Atlanta Assy. Plant a couple of years ago and the guy needed dark tint to work in the body shop but the company said only rose tint was permited. He was sent out no work available for over a year. The guy had less than 15 years and I think he went on a medical retirement.

So before you spout off, you should go to the union hall and read up on umpires decisions and try and figure out the chances/merits of a grievance before you condem the union.

How about treating members equally and fairly? that and democratic elections would go a long way to correcting what ails this union. No union that pits its locals against each other can survive long.