Base Mustang Seats

Watchdevil

I went looking at Mustangs today with a friend just browsing around killing time and happened to notice two Ford Rangers, one red and one blue. Both had black interiors with cloth seat trim with red or blue colored inserts. Me and my friend wondered why the Mustang does not offer such nice color and cloth combos for the base Mustang seats instead of the dreadful base cloth the Mustang has now. I really liked the cloth color combos. The base Mustang's seat materials are horribly cheap and used examples do not look good or hold up well. My Cavalier LS may be a budget cheap car but it has good beige corderouy and is durable. Also, the rental car beige and grays are boring. Black is nice but needs something contrasting to keep from looking stark and boring. Leather is an option of course, but limited to certain color combos which do not include blue.

Edited by Watchdevil

My '05 has the base cloth seats and in a way I agree-the colors could be better-the black/black-grey inserts are kind of bland. On the other hand, the material on my seats has held up without a problem-what I have seen (I work as an advisor in a Ford Service Dept.) is people have NO IDEA what it is to keep their vehicles clean. Cloth upholstery does require a little bit of TLC.