FLOWBACK INFO

dark270

OK,

So you pick a zone, You can only pick one plant in that zone??

Example, Dark wants to select a certain zone, Wants to have one plant in that zone as 1st and another as 2nd of the same zone. Is this possible?

And Dark BTW,

Thanks for posting this.

Edited by wildosvt

OK,

Example, Dark wants to select a certain zone, Wants to have one plant in that zone as 1st and another as 2nd of the same zone. Is this possible?

And Dark BTW,

Thanks for posting this.

NO PROBLEM!!

hey this is interesting ..and one problem...you select a ZONe.....let's say i want to go to ZONE 1 (this is bad)

i select several plants i want to go to by preference(say MTP,DTP , livonia) just for sake of argument!

anyhow, once i select zone 1....they will *try* to place me by preference BUT key word..BUT if an opening comes up say at AAI(a plant i didn't select- but in my ZONE) and by seniority the opening gets to me ..I HAVE TO GO TO AAI

LOL that there in lies the problem.. IF YOU CHOSE A ZONE TO GO TO, KNOW FULL WELL YOU COULD GO TO ANY PLANT IN THAT ZONE-PREFERANCE OR NOT!

OK,

And Dark BTW,

Thanks for posting this.

The way I read it, once you pick a zone with more than one facility, you are obligated to go to any plant in that zone. Yeah, they say they will give you preferences, but they don't have to go by them. I signed for the last flowback and am now told that this is null and void. I don't like how this "zone" flowback was done this time. Therefore, I am not signing up for anything and will ride my time out where I am at. Let me go to the GEN pool, at least I won't have to drive so far! Besides, they have to offer me three "in zone" placings while I am in GEN. Can't be any worse than the way they are doing flowback now. :blah:

The way I read it, once you pick a zone with more than one facility, you are obligated to go to any plant in that zone. Yeah, they say they will give you preferences, but they don't have to go by them. I signed for the last flowback and am now told that this is null and void. I don't like how this "zone" flowback was done this time. Therefore, I am not signing up for anything and will ride my time out where I am at. Let me go to the GEN pool, at least I won't have to drive so far! Besides, they have to offer me three "in zone" placings while I am in GEN. Can't be any worse than the way they are doing flowback now. :blah:

true but it might bite you in the #$#$

because at least i get to partially choose where i go!

some zones only have one or two plants in them!

you can put down alot or just one!

if you wait long enough...may not be any place for you!

then what ? after they offer you three spots in zaone and you turn them down ?

then no job!

maybe by contract they might even try to limit GEN. etc....

waiting could be a issue..

i am going on the first boat out of my titanic(plant)

Edited by dark270

That's funny, I thought you were just moving on to a new career. Reality sucks huh?

true but it might bite you in the #$#$

because at least i get to partially choose where i go!

some zones only have one or two plants in them!

you can put down alot or just one!

if you wait long enough...may not be any place for you!

then what ? after they offer you three spots in zaone and you turn them down ?

then no job!

maybe by contract they might even try to limit GEN. etc....

waiting could be a issue..

i am going on the first boat out of my titanic(plant)

Thanks for posting this, dark.

Here's a question for anybody: what happens to people who

1) don't sign up for flowback or

2) sign up but never get a transfer?

1)-Question11 "What happens if I don't turn in a flowback survey"

Answer 11 "You will not be considered for a flowback opprotunity"

2) Who the fuck knows! :runaway:

Edited by wildosvt

That's funny, I thought you were just moving on to a new career. Reality sucks huh?

yeah i AM ,

i'm not taking the buyout....hey davdog, i'm kinda of preparing for the worst(getting a masters degree)

but hoping for the best!

hey, i'm going the BEST route....with ford and with college!

Thanks for posting this, dark.

Here's a question for anybody: what happens to people who 1) don't sign up for flowback, or 2) sign up but never get a transfer?

i asked that question too.....answer you stay at your plant/ ford employee .....if they close -gen pool(prior to sept. 07)

sell - maybe go to new company ?

dont know about that..

how many took the buyout at milan ?

We won't really know how many people took the buyout until after Jan 1st. Sure there were some who left Nov 1st, but the others still have time to back out. I know plenty of people who said they would back out if they could not find another job. As of right now, all numbers are preliminary.

I heard there were about 380 signed at Monroe. I know there are a few people who believe that once everybody "flows back", Ford will happily run the plant with the low wage temps. What a pipe dream! :kuko:

There are already lines that are being dual sourced as I type. It is not long before we sink, the listing is becoming more pronounced! :titanic:

I know that I have 3 choices once in GEN. I do believe there will be restrictions put on GEN. But it is my choice to go down with the ship. As a tradesman, I know my choices are more limited, especially after the 07 contract when they combine and eliminate trades positions. Whoever does not believe this is coming better wake up! :finger: Being on TLO right now though, I have not had the chance to ask questions about flowback. My main concern is if I tranfer somewhere as a tradesman and then get cut back once all the combining and layoffs are done, do I have the right to go to production at my new plant? I am thinking no, but don't know for sure.

That is why I am Back to School myself.

Edited by backtoschool

We won't really know how many people took the buyout until after Jan 1st. Sure there were some who left Nov 1st, but the others still have time to back out. I know plenty of people who said they would back out if they could not find another job. As of right now, all numbers are preliminary.

I heard there were about 380 signed at Monroe. I know there are a few people who believe that once everybody "flows back", Ford will happily run the plant with the low wage temps. What a pipe dream! :kuko:

There are already lines that are being dual sourced as I type. It is not long before we sink, the listing is becoming more pronounced! :titanic:

I know that I have 3 choices once in GEN. I do believe there will be restrictions put on GEN. But it is my choice to go down with the ship. As a tradesman, I know my choices are more limited, especially after the 07 contract when they combine and eliminate trades positions. Whoever does not believe this is coming better wake up! :finger: Being on TLO right now though, I have not had the chance to ask questions about flowback. My main concern is if I tranfer somewhere as a tradesman and then get cut back once all the combining and layoffs are done, do I have the right to go to production at my new plant? I am thinking no, but don't know for sure.

That is why I am Back to School myself.

that's about right at m. plant

well dont you guys have a chance to go flowback ? rather then sit in gen ?

if it's even there after 07 ?

What do you trades people think of us getting date of entry when we flowback? I have a lot of ??? for my trades rep. come Wednesday(short work week this week)

Production people get,Article III Section C(seniority back to 1984)

Edited by Plumbob1

You will too if your trade date is before that.

I thought that part of the contract said you would carry seniority back to 1984 not carry seniority if its before 1984. Or I'm I wrong. I didn't pay a lot of attention to that part of the contract.

If that's so,why did a tradesman from Wixom carry his seniority when he came to Ypsi. when he was in GEN.

Date of entry for trades refers to people that have gone through apprenticeships at Ford mtr.co

Example: You had 10 yrs with Ford before you got on the apprenticeship program and now you have been a Journeyman for 10yrs. (20 yrs total seniority) You can only transfer with the 10yrs seniority or the date you became a Journeyman trades person. (date of entry)

If you have 22yrs seniority as a Tradesmen, you should be able to transfer with your full seniority, up to, but not beyond the 1984 leveling date.

Edited by Shortimer