The assessors are here! KCAP

chkchka

There's a group of four guys running around Truck Body all week examining the equipment and writing down serial numbers off panels and motors. I asked one of them what they were doing and he gave me a BS explanation that they were looking for any maintenance that needs to be done. Our supervisor says they did this at SLAP before they announced the closure. Looks to me like they are taking inventory and looking at what they can tear out of this place. Anyone else from the closing or closed plants remember these jokers running around?

Edited by chkchka

This also happened at Norfolk. Which I specifically talked to two of the guys because I thought I knew one of them from NAP in the past. However, I did not, but he said some BS line to me too. A few months later, Norfolk closure was announced. Contrarily, this team was here before the original announcement in April. It does take some time to calculate all the assets at the plant and determine the face value of the facility. Remember, that is just a common tableture of accounting practices, determining your assets, so it may not mean imminent doom for KCAP. Keep hope alive! It is the bean counting portion of the industry, because times are hard and the SEC is on their ass. Also, a decade ago, Ford would not have worried about the small assets: cheap robots, electric panels, motors, etc. However, this is a new era in which Ford has been losing their tail, so every penny is counted.

There's a group of four guys running around Truck Body all week examining the equipment and writing down serial numbers off panels and motors. I asked one of them what they were doing and he gave me a BS explanation that they were looking for any maintenance that needs to be done. Our supervisor says they did this at SLAP before they announced the closure. Looks to me like they are taking inventory and looking at what they can tear out of this place. Anyone else from the closing or closed plants remember these jokers running around?

They are all over in the main building but moreso on the truck side than SUV, warm and fuzzy feeling isn't it?

They are all over in the main building but moreso on the truck side than SUV, warm and fuzzy feeling isn't it?

Only way they could close KCAP is if MTP started building F-150,they need at least 2 plants building F-150..It's anyones guess as to what FORD has up their sleeve!!! If they do close KCAP then its a fact that every FORD plant left will be in Michigan!

No plant has a rosey future if the company is unable to produce products the public wants to buy. Just because assessors are counting equipment is no reason to conclude that closure is in our future, there is a lot of equipment coming available from NAP that could replace older equipment at KCAP and DTP. We need to concentrate on things we can control like quality, lowering cost and coming to work. I am not saying KCAP will not close, but I hope that it is able to build for many more years. I have been through one plant closing to many, good luck to all my union brothers and sisters. :rockon:

they want a health assessment on the equipment to know how much money it wll cost to upgrade or be up to date the union knows about it detroit wont take kcap word on how much future repair it will need so they pay an outside contractor to come in evaluate the machinery stupid when the guys who work on it could tell you better but they have never been smart. one hand does not trust the other to do things sond familiar they call it a health assessment.

they want a health assessment on the equipment to know how much money it wll cost to upgrade or be up to date the union knows about it detroit wont take kcap word on how much future repair it will need so they pay an outside contractor to come in evaluate the machinery stupid when the guys who work on it could tell you better but they have never been smart. one hand does not trust the other to do things sond familiar they call it a health assessment.

I would think all you need to do that would be look at the production numbers, downtime, and maintenance costs.

Doom and Gloom.................Perhaps just Perhaps they are figuring how much equipment from NAP is a direct replcement ? I thinks my money is on this concept due to the fact NAP's whole body shop is only 3 years old. I find it highly unlikely that the big hydraulic T rex is going to chomp all this equipment. Damn I'll pay double scrap prices and haul all these robots and controllers out of NAP!

Confirmed: top VO says NAP equip (majority) is indeed headed for KTP.

KCAP is furthest out geographical plant from "Michigan Loop".

NAFTA Freeway slated to make first stop in KC.

Ford has purchased a plat of land in Texas for a future new plant by said freeway.

MTP is going to get the super big squeeze at contract, just ask around.

Wixom will be slated for retool to whipsaw with KCAP at contract for new model.

Not really going anywhere with this, but some awful interesting facts.

ohhhhh let's all huddle around this nut and see if it moves!!!! bunch of conspiracy jug heads! Instead of worrying about some guy writing down numbers and looking at parts...do your fucking job.

I am doing my job..............Sitting at home until the 27th.

Insurance company appraisers......

Happens every so many years at KCAP. I believe it was a year or two ago that they went through the administration building writing down every serial number of every copier, printer, computer, paper clip in the place, you've just happened to notice them this time because of the height of the paranoia thats going around.

Edited by PStroked