Plant shutdowns?

For all you LAP guys, is Ford planning any shutdowns in the next few weeks? I am finally ready to place my order and was just wondering if I should expect any delays. I finally have the Ranger sold and hunting season is winding down so the time is right. I tried to get my dealer to find an ST to do a dealer trade but they kept coming up with excuses. I suspect they did not want to even try since I am buying under the X-Plan. I found several that would have been acceptable by searching dealer inventories but, like I said, they kept coming up with excuses...

Well, my order should be entered tomorrow. I went with the Limited 4x4 V-8, Carbon (Alloy) ext, Dark Charcoal leather int, moonroof, class III hitch, bed extender, tonneau cover, audiophile 6 CD stereo, satellite receiver and Limited electronics package. The power rear window is now standard on the Limited. The dealer is going to order the factory skid plates for the transfer case and gas tank through their parts dept and install those. They could not (or would not) get the skid plates factory installed since that is a fleet only option. I am also planning to order a set of BFG 265/65 R18 All-Terrain TA KO's to be used on the stock 7.5x18 wheels. I tried to get the dealer to order and install them in place of the OEM Michelin's but they wanted too much and would not give me credit for the Michelin's. Typical Ford dealer BS. They did say they could reprogram the computer to adjust for the difference in tire diameters, but I would have to pay for that, of course. :rolleyes:

Edited by blksn8k2

Sounds like a cool ST. But I'm biased since that is almost identical to my order. Which, is still "unscheduled." Order was put in on 9/20 after the first ST I ordered arrived without the power rear window. Glad it is now standard on the limited.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bad news. Dealer called this afternoon and said my ST is now scheduled to be delivered Jan 15. That's nearly a month after the original scheduled delivery date. Do any of you LAP guys know why that might have happened?

The thing that is pissing me off is that all the rebates and incentives that I had available expire on Jan 2. They total $2750. Granted some of that may still be available after Jan 2nd but the My Ford and Vincent special offers totaling $1250 will probably be lost. I have started to look for a Trac in dealer inventory but so far I'm not finding much that I would be happy with. Wrong options, wrong colors, Job 1, etc. I tried to get my dealer to locate something before I placed my order and they didn't seem to want to try very hard. Probably had something to do with X-Plan pricing.

If I don't find a way to make the numbers I was counting on I will probably cancel my order and just keep the Ranger. Nothing wrong with it anyway except that it couldn't tow a fart. It's not that I can't afford a new truck either way but it's the principle of the thing. They dangle all these carrots in front of your face and then snatch them away. Not cool. :nonono:

Pioneer is right. My Explorer is scheduled for early February, and even though I ordered it early December, my dealer said even with X Plan and the extra $1000 on top, he can lock in those discounts. He cannot lock in the special financing in our area, though. So in effect, I am guaranteed the same price when it comes in, or if say they up it to $1500 or something like that I'll get that instead.

Pioneer is right. My Explorer is scheduled for early February, and even though I ordered it early December, my dealer said even with X Plan and the extra $1000 on top, he can lock in those discounts. He cannot lock in the special financing in our area, though. So in effect, I am guaranteed the same price when it comes in, or if say they up it to $1500 or something like that I'll get that instead.

Hope you got all that in writing. Everytime I buy a new vehicle I'm reminded in one way or another why I don't trust dealers... :banghead: