Change

marty95

I'm hearing about a major culture change that is coming to ALL Ford plants. Sooner than many may believe.

Changes that many, especially those older workers and those who have'nt much experience outside of Ford, may have a tough time dealing with. I have seen the Toyota model, and it is not something that many of us will find easy to swallow. If you have 28, 30 years or more you might want to consider this change when making that buyout decision. The NEW Ford will be something you may not be able to invision. Something that those outside of Ford understand and may live with everyday, But is foreign to long time Ford workers.

Outsourced cleaners, building maintenance, etc...When a overhead door is broke, an outside firm will be called in to repair it. Fork lifts will be repaired by the lifts manufacturers maintenance agreement, a guy will come in with van full of spare parts, and fix what ever ails. Line foreman will be replace by team leaders and coordinators, from which ALL workers will rotate through. Temporary PART TIMERS will no longer be temporary. A second class worker will spring from a new labor contract, lower wages, less benefits, with future contract voting rights that will affect ALL of us. Major cuts in the trades due to outsourcing, and more maintenance tasks and classifications being merged. Line team members or "ASSOCIATES" will be doing the work normally assigned skilled trades. "Autoworkers" will be jack of ALL trades with growing decision making responsibility.Be ready, be prepared, all of those who decide to stay. You WILLhave a different kind of job and work environment...............SOON!!!! :stirpot: :stats: :stirpot: :stats: :stirpot:

I'm hearing about a major culture change that is coming to ALL Ford plants. Sooner than many may believe.

Changes that many, especially those older workers and those who have'nt much experience outside of Ford, may have a tough time dealing with. I have seen the Toyota model, and it is not something that many of us will find easy to swallow. If you have 28, 30 years or more you might want to consider this change when making that buyout decision. The NEW Ford will be something you may not be able to invision. Something that those outside of Ford understand and may live with everyday, But is foreign to long time Ford workers.

Outsourced cleaners, building maintenance, etc...When a overhead door is broke, an outside firm will be called in to repair it. Fork lifts will be repaired by the lifts manufacturers maintenance agreement, a guy will come in with van full of spare parts, and fix what ever ails. Line foreman will be replace by team leaders and coordinators, from which ALL workers will rotate through. Temporary PART TIMERS will no longer be temporary. A second class worker will spring from a new labor contract, lower wages, less benefits, with future contract voting rights that will affect ALL of us. Major cuts in the trades due to outsourcing, and more maintenance tasks and classifications being merged. Line team members or "ASSOCIATES" will be doing the work normally assigned skilled trades. "Autoworkers" will be jack of ALL trades with growing decision making responsibility.Be ready, be prepared, all of those who decide to stay. You WILLhave a different kind of job and work environment...............SOON!!!! :stirpot: :stats: :stirpot: :stats: :stirpot:

Auto Allance has been doing business like this for years..........

And you all called us the RED HEADED STEP CHILED OF THE INDUSTRY..........Seems to me we were ahead of the times!.........

:stirpot:

Is this supposed to be "NEW" news?????????? Alot of this stuff like outsourced cleaners, outside contractors, etc. is already going on. The truest thing you put in your post is :stirpot:

Edited by texas30

nope, this is not new....i currently work on the line .....so this is nothing new!

AND THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. 20 years from now the WHOLE process will be out sourced..

A temp agency one day will have their own office in THE PLANT......tempories here, tempories there, ....

Whats left...Robots....and outsiders to maintain them. The U.A. W. will charge the company DUES for each Robot. the U.A.W. will get a kickback on all outsourcing contracts. etc...etc...etc....The Future of Ford.....

A Future without you and I. :shades: :shades: :stats: :drop::drop::drop:

Edited by marty95

AND THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. 20 years from now the WHOLE process will be out sourced..

A temp agency one day will have their own office in THE PLANT......tempories here, tempories there, ....

Whats left...Robots....and outsiders to maintain them. The U.A. W. will charge the company DUES for each Robot. the U.A.W. will get a kickback on all outsourcing contracts. etc...etc...etc....The Future of Ford.....

A Future without you and I. :shades: :shades: :stats: :drop::drop::drop:

Dennis DeYoung and Styx tried warning us back in '83 that the above scenario (more or less) could come to pass. But did anyone listen.... NOOooooooooo. B)

A direct quote from the concept album: (remember.... this is 23+ years ago!)

"T H E P R E S E N T: ... is a future where Japanese manufactured robots, designed to work cheaply and endlessly, are the caretakers of society. Mr. Robotos are everywhere, serving as manual labor in jobs that were once held by humans."

Domo Arigoto, Mr. Roboto!

robotostyx.jpg

In some ways, I'm only *half* joking. Here's an analysis of the song on Wikipedia that somewhat backs up my analogy:

".....another (suggested) interpretation of the song is said to describe the increasing amounts of factory automation in Japan by robots. DeYoung sings: "The problem's plain to see, too much technology. Machines to save our lives, machines de-humanize" (it is also often argued that the first line is actually "machines to save are lies"). This may be interpreted as the replacement of human workers with automation and computers, not just in factories, but throughout many businesses during a time of downsizing in the United States in the 1980s. The catch phrase of the song are the sarcastic words of a disgruntled factory worker whose job has been replaced by a robot."

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine