Ford: Axe to Cut deeper

It depends on the definition of "within reason."

When a company is in serious trouble, with its very survival in question, I do not consider regular flights from Michigan to Florida - because the family apparently doesn't want to relocate to Michigan - to be within reason.

Whats defined at regular flights? 2 times a week, on Mondays and Fridays?

Whats defined at regular flights? 2 times a week, on Mondays and Fridays?

Can't they just move to Michigan? That way there would be no need for any flights.

When employees reach a certain level within an organization - be it a corporation or the military - it's understood that regular moves will be part of the deal, and that goes for the family, too. And not every move will be to nice, sunny locales such as Florida.

I think Ford's biggest hurdle in returning to profitability and stable ground is demonstrated right here on this board. Everyone at all levels is far too busy pointing their finger at the management, the lineworkers, the japanese, the chinese, the government...everyone else but themselves. If Ford can't get over their infighting, EVERYONE will be out of a job. and that is far worse for all of use then a slimmed down ford that only sells 50% of what it used too.

Granted I don't work for Ford, I'm not sure how many of the poster's here actually do...but my company is closely tied to Ford and it pains me to see so many good, smart people at all levels unable to face reality and work together. Their failure or success will indirectly effect allot more people.

Edited by kpc655

I think Ford's biggest hurdle in returning to profitability and stable ground is demonstrated right here on this board. Everyone at all levels is far too busy pointing their finger at the management, the lineworkers, the japanese, the chinese, the government...everyone else but themselves. If Ford can't get over their infighting, EVERYONE will be out of a job. and that is far worse for all of use then a slimmed down ford that only sells 50% of what it used too.

Easier to point the finger at something else then yourself :D