Question for KCAP

Albert

SUV or Truck side? I work truck and it's 2 shifts, start time 6am-2:30 for days and 4pm-12:30am

for nights. Suv also has 2 shifts but I can't help with those start times.

I think suv's on 10 hours and 3rd shift gets over at 3:42 or something like that. So 6-4:30 and 5:12-3:42?

Thanks -- I appreciate it.

At TCAP here, we'll be finding out in the next couple weeks if the 'rumors' of transfers to KCAP are true. Just trying to get all the info I can.

We at KCAP would also like to know what is going on. We know they are going to start letting people go the 1st of Jan., and we are going to be hiring Temps, other than that it is all up in the air. We have asked several times how they are going to replace the skilled and unskilled labor force and nobody seems to know yet. St. Louis is still a possibility since they still have some people there. The other rumor we are hearing is that TCAP will be getting offered trasnfers to KCAP. If we see anything in writing I'm sure someone will post it on here to help our brothers and sisters at the other facilities out. Good Luck with whatever decision each of you make.

We at KCAP would also like to know what is going on. We know they are going to start letting people go the 1st of Jan., and we are going to be hiring Temps, other than that it is all up in the air. We have asked several times how they are going to replace the skilled and unskilled labor force and nobody seems to know yet. St. Louis is still a possibility since they still have some people there. The other rumor we are hearing is that TCAP will be getting offered trasnfers to KCAP. If we see anything in writing I'm sure someone will post it on here to help our brothers and sisters at the other facilities out. Good Luck with whatever decision each of you make.

what is happening at KCAP is what is happening across the system. From the National down no one is talking about anything. the rule here is tell membership what you think they need to know and nothing more.

To date I have talked to several electricians last count was 26 who are retiring or taking a buy out. Me included. You have to remember, the Bargaining committee we have damn sure ain't the best but they are the worst to represent skill trades and do not consult us on any issue.

Will KC be short on trades after buy-outs? Electricians?

I have counted 26 who are leaving.

What does the senority look like of the electricians staying? Thanks for your info. Enjoy your future plans!

There are electricians laid off from SLAP waiting on spots to open up at KCAP. Only a handful have transfered so far. I know a few who have 88 seniority. There are 2 apprentices laid off from SLAP hoping to transfer to KCAP. Doubt if it will happen though. They have 88 SENIORITY ALSO.

There are electricians laid off from SLAP waiting on spots to open up at KCAP. Only a handful have transfered so far. I know a few who have 88 seniority. There are 2 apprentices laid off from SLAP hoping to transfer to KCAP. Doubt if it will happen though. They have 88 SENIORITY ALSO.

I hope there is something here for them. right now there is so little information coming from either side of the table that anything being said would be pure speculation and nothing more.

Mike

We have been down for 4 weeks, so I haven't heard much. Prior to that, I was told by a rep that they cannot comment on numbers going or where until all the Buyout numbers were in after Nov 27th. There will be transfers but they cannot comment.

Good luck to all

• 4 weeks later...
We at KCAP would also like to know what is going on. We know they are going to start letting people go the . The other rumor we are hearing is that TCAP will be getting offered trasnfers to KCAP.

Has anyone at KCAP heard anything more on receiving transfers? We're aren't being told a whole lot. Thanks!!

Has anyone at KCAP heard anything more on receiving transfers? We're aren't being told a whole lot. Thanks!!

the first allotment of buyouts/retirements have been posted. I also know they have interviewed several hundred TPTs. the first to take orientation just before christmas shutdown.

Join the crowd, they are telling us much of anything either. Although we did get a flyer that said the union is working very hard for us [sic] and that we should vote for COA or they will shut the plant down.

I am of the belief if they were going to it would have happended already.

Will KC be short on trades after buy-outs? Electricians?

181 tradesman have signed up

the first allotment of buyouts/retirements have been posted. I also know they have interviewed several hundred TPTs. the first to take orientation just before christmas shutdown.

Join the crowd, they are telling us much of anything either. Although we did get a flyer that said the union is working very hard for us [sic] and that we should vote for COA or they will shut the plant down.

I am of the belief if they were going to it would have happended already.

181 tradesman have signed up

Ya I love how they tell us to vote yes but they don't tell us what we are voting on. That we should just "trust" these commiteemen and representatives who have been fighting for us for years. Also I'm wondering if the committment to give us new product they are claiming the company is making if we do pass the COA is a written agreement or verbal.