Buyout numbers around the company?

If I remember correctly they can put a probationary employee on a protested job but they can NOT settle the job without a non-probationary employee on both shifts. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that is how it works.

since we will be on one shift and closing soon they will just leave the dispute open and go with it. but that will still leave fork drivers, qc, some maintenance and other special jobs. if enough want to transfer i can see those being covered. just think someone with under 5 years seniority might get a good job for a few months.

since we will be on one shift and closing soon they will just leave the dispute open and go with it. but that will still leave fork drivers, qc, some maintenance and other special jobs. if enough want to transfer i can see those being covered. just think someone with under 5 years seniority might get a good job for a few months.

how many are transferring ?

So let hear the updates as they come in.I don't think anyone in GEN at AAP signed up,I'll check on it and let everyone know.

I am sure people will be buzzing today at all the plants,so let us know what the outcome is if you can today.

Over 1400 at 7am at TCAP. Hourly rolls at about 1750, and Labor's still busy!

Edited by sista

Over 1400 at 7am at TCAP. Hourly rolls at about 1750, and Labor's still busy!

nightshift on wednsday we had heard 1200. Now that it's up to 1400 and it's only dayshift turning their papers in, I can't wait to see how many of us nightshifters are taking the buyout. It'll be just about all of us in the end it looks like. I guess not as many people are staying like I had heard. It's just too risky to wait it out like some are doing. I'll be happy to be gone ASAP so I can move on and focus my life on needed things but I'm surely going to miss many people.

nightshift on wednsday we had heard 1200. Now that it's up to 1400 and it's only dayshift turning their papers in, I can't wait to see how many of us nightshifters are taking the buyout. It'll be just about all of us in the end it looks like. I guess not as many people are staying like I had heard. It's just too risky to wait it out like some are doing. I'll be happy to be gone ASAP so I can move on and focus my life on needed things but I'm surely going to miss many people.

I was told, Ford has positioned themselves that if enough people signup for the buyouts at TCAP, the company can discontinue the Ranger as early as Jan 07 rather than risk quality going in the tank with replacement workers. Some of the bosses actually realize they can't replace us or retrain McDonald's employees to build trucks in a matter of days. I've seen some of the temps they've brought in and most won't last a week on the line.

It's a shame to see it go down this way. Hold your head high, we did our best. Good Luck to all the UAW bros and sisters.

As of 11/22/06, 225 signups at Walton Hills. Have to see what adds up after today.

Here in Indy ACH we had a little over 1100 sign up and our hourly is aroung 1700, i did hear today the number was down 100 or so because of people pulling some paperwork, i look for that to happen across the board...all who took a package have their last day already scheduled for them...nov 31, dec 31, jan 31, feb 31 are the dates people are leaving...i'm curious to find out what type of openings are going to be at what plants for transfer possiblities...i would think with the last day of signups came and gone that some sort of numbers would roll in soon...

Like you. TCAPGIRL, I'm taking the buyout and ready to move on as well. Early retirement for me with less than 30 yrs in, but that's ok. Like you said, it's risky for those who have decided to stay and tough it out, but for those of us leaving on buyouts with less than 30 yrs, it's risky too. It doesn't matter whether you stay or leave, it's risky, given the market and the future for the next few years at Ford. Not to mention what next year's contract will look like when that comes up for renewal next Sept. I'll be happy to be gone ASAP too. As for the people, most of them I'll miss, but there are a quite a few of them that I won't. :rockon: There comes a time in our lives when one has to quit doing this :beatdeadhorse:

Edited by NoMoVisteon

Well All it's the finally few hours left... Good luck to everyone in their choices that they made... I hope as the numbers come in you all can post them here so we all can see how it is looking.. :redcard:

The news here in detroit said it looks as if ford will have enough. I just hope every plant gets enough so no one has to be laid off! keep us all posted! thanks :stirpot:

Well All it's the finally few hours left... Good luck to everyone in their choices that they made... I hope as the numbers come in you all can post them here so we all can see how it is looking.. :redcard:

The news here in detroit said it looks as if ford will have enough. I just hope every plant gets enough so no one has to be laid off! keep us all posted! thanks :stirpot:

Who has the final numbers for KCAP ??? Please give me a breakdown Production and Trades if possible.